As we know that Android is open source operating system owned by Google. It means Google releases source code of the Android OS few day after its release. This allows enthusiastic and amateur developers to edit and change code as per their taste and modified OS is developed. As a result many custom ROMs are available for various Android devices. Of course it is an illegal thing to flash custom ROM on your device.
Right now more than 75% smartphones in the world run on Android OS. Many tablets and few Cameras also run on this OS. Its play store has more than 700000 apps in its kitty. Android is so much popular that people who don’t have Android gadgets, have started installing bluestack app on their computer through which Android apps can be installed on computer.
But now it is also possible to install Android OS virtually on computer with the help of app called Virtual Box. This is much different from bluestack. In this you can actually use each and every feature of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean unlike bluestack where you can enjoy Android apps only. So let’s see how to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on computer.
Before going to procedure you need to download few things.
Virtual box for which is suitable for your operating system.
- Download one of the OVA file. (Only one)
- vbox86t version : Click Here (Tab version)
- vbox86tp version : Click Here (Tab with phone capabilities)
- vbox86p version : Click Here (Phone version)
- It is compatible only for Processors Intel Pentium 4 and above.
- For the better experience you must have at least 512MB of RAM in your computer.
- You must have at least 2 GB free space on your computer.
Procedure to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your computer:
- Install Virtual Box which you have downloaded earlier.
- Also extract one of the OVA file into a folder.
- Launch the Virtual Box and then click file followed by Import Appliances.
- Select Choose option and you will see the list of files from your computer.
- Select androVM_vbox86t_4.1.1_r4-20121119-gapps-houdini-flash.ova file from the extracted folder.
- Click next button followed by import button.
- At the last select androVM and finally hit start button.
That’s it! Within few seconds you will see Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is successfully running on your computer. Don’t forget to share your experience about this Android on computer. If you any queries regarding the article, ask us through the comments. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: To regain control of your desktop cursor, press right Ctrl key.