When it comes to Indian mobile market share, Micromax is at number two position and it continues to grow by day. Canvas HD A116 was the first HD (720p) mobile released by Micromax. The phone is quite powerful with a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz frequency, 5 inches 720p LCD screen with pixel density around 320 ppi, 1 GB of internal RAM and 4GB of internal memory (1.77 GB user available.). The mobile has MediaTek chipset MTK6589. So the following method works with any other mobile with the same chipset. It also works on Motorola phones with MediaTek chipset like the Droid RAZR. Credit goes to the original developer “djrbliss”.
Before proceeding, you must know that following this procedure may render your phone inoperable (bricked state). This happens very rarely. Neither we nor developer will be held responsible for any damage caused to your device in any case.
- Make sure your device is at least 70% charged to avoid complications during the process.
- Download the ADB Driver Installer from here.
- Connect your mobile to the computer and run the ADB Driver Installer. Click on Install. The manufacturer name may appear different like HTC. Proceed anyway.
- Select Media device (MTP) mode in the USB menu of the device.
- If your device is running on Android 4.1 then go to Settings > Developer options and check USB Debugging option.
- If your device is running on Android 4.2 then go to Settings > About phone and tap on Build number seven times to enable Developer Options. Now press back. Go to Developer options and check USB Debugging option.
- Download this Motochopper zip file and extract it on a convenient location.
- Navigate to the extracted folder and double-click on run.bat file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for a while. The device will reboot.
- Voila! Your device is now rooted. Update the superuser app and binary if necessary.
- Go to SuperSU app > Settings and Tap on Full unroot.