Now after 3G mobile internet there is another revolution in this field. Now its 4G which is also called as LTE (Long Term Evolution). 4G offers you speed you have never imagined. But till now it’s not that common and availability is also limited to few countries only. Hence instead of giving built in support for LTE, mobile companies prefer to launch different variants of international versions of their phones.
These LTE versions are almost same compared to international versions in every aspect, though they can have slight differences. In case of latest flagship device of Korean giants Samsung that is Galaxy S4, LTE version has Snapdragon 600 processor instead ofExynos 5 since it does not support LTE.
Galaxy S4 LTE comes with pre-loaded Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Stock performance is really great but still we always want to push the limits. To do so first you must have full access to your phone and to do so root is mandatory. Also many good applications require root access.
Now you can easily root your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE. Just follow the simple steps given below in this article. Just remember one thing that it will void your warranty. But nothing to worry, you can go back to normal just by manually flashing stock firmware.
Disclaimer:The article which you are going to read below is considered as risky and can cause damage to your device. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. Do not go for it if you are not aware of all these thingsFor any damage cause to your device due to this method, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
This guide is only valid forSamsung Galaxy S4 LTEhaving model numberI9505. We strongly recommend that do not try this on any other variant of this phone as it may lead to undesired circumstances.
Before proceeding for main procedure these are some steps which you have to follow.
- Make sure that you have charged thebattery of your device at least up to 75%.
- In this process if anything goes wrong then there ispossibilitythat you may loose your personal data like SMS/MMS, Contacts, APN settings etc. So better you take backup of all these from backupsoftwares.
- You are required to use USB debugging mode on your Phone, to do so device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. Drivers can be installed along with Samsung Kies software.Hereis the link to download and install it manually.
- If you don’t have XXUAMDM firmware installed. You can follow this procedure to manually install this official firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMDM Firmware:
- Links to download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & rooting package for XXUAMDM Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware are given below:
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Rooting package for XXUAMDM Android 4.1.2
- Once you have finished downloading both the files, extract the rooting package. After extraction is finished youll find a file having extension.taror.tar.md5. You will need this file in further process. You are going to flash this file on your phone via Odin in order to root your phone.
- Now switch off your Device. To flash this downloaded file, you have to enter downloading mode first. To do so Press and HoldHome Key+Volume Down Buttonsimultaneously until you see construction Android robot and triangle. Then press Power button to enter into downloading mode.
- Once you are in the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Connect your device to PC via USB cable keeping your device in downloadingmode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader software whichyou’vejust downloaded along with rooting package. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. If not check that you have installed device specific drivers properly or install Kies.
- In Odin software, select PDA tab & choose the rooting package file which you have extracted from downloaded zip file.
Essential!!Don’t make any other changesin Odin software except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. And do not check Re-partition box even by mistake.
- You are done, Now simply press Start button to begin the flashing process. It will not take more than 6-7 Minutes to finish with the flashing procedure.
- Once flashing procedure in Odin is finished, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Essential!!If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your Tab and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Detach your phone from PC.
- Procedure is successful. Now you are rooted. You can find Superuser application in application drawer.
Success!! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S4 LTE. Now you can use all those apps which require root access. If you have got any doubts in the procedure above, ask them in the commentsbelow. We willdefinitelytry to solve it.