Two years back Samsung introduced a whole new concept of Smartphone to world. By launching Samsung Galaxy Note they came up with the concept of phablet that is hybrid of a phone and tablet. After that they continued the series with Note 2. And few months back they unleashed new phablet series called Mega.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is packed with huge 6.3 inch HD screen. In the same series Samsung introduced younger brother of this huge 6.3 inch phablet. Coming with 5.8 inch screen this device has almost similar specifications like his elder brother and at the same time it is more economical as price is considered.
Its been just two months since the phablet is launched and now custom recovery is available for this device. And this is a great sign regarding the development for this phone. CWM recovery will help you with flashing ROMs, hacks, taking and restoring full system backups etc.
Also you can root Galaxy Mega 5.8 to get full control. Following article will guide you with actual detailed procedure of flashing CWM and rooting your device.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for the same.
Given article is only meant for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 having model number GT-I9152. Dont try to flash it on any other device or variant to avoid any unwanted damage or permanent damage to mobile.
Prerequisites before flashing Recovery:
- Your phone must be at least 70% charged so as to have smooth flashing of recovery and rooting package.
- Device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can download them from here.
Procedure to Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Clockworkmod Recovery Package from the links mentioned below:
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android CWM Recovery From link given below.
- Click Here to download
- This Odin Multi Downloader must be installed in your PC which can be further used for flashing the recovery on your device.
- Now switch off your Phone. In order to flash the CWM Recovery, you need to enter into the downloading mode. Downloading mode can be entered by Holding Power Key + Home Button + Volume Down Button simultaneously. After that you will get Warning message, here continue by pressing Volume up key to continue to downloading mode.
- After entering into the downloading mode, you’ll see Downloading.. text in yellow. Keeping your device in downloading mode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which you’ve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then you’ll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your device OR simply install Samsung Kies from the CD which you’ve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & choose the Recovery file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Important!! In Odin do not make any other changes except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. Un-check Auto Reboot option. Also, Make sure you have not checked Re-partition box by mistake.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Important!! If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your Phone and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Disconnect your Phone from PC.
- Now, to start the phone, pull out the battery and re-insert it.
- You have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your device.
- Whenever you want to boot onto recovery, press and hold down the Volume up key + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152:
- First you have to download rooting package. Here is link for rooting package.
- Switch off your Phone. Boot it into recovery mode. To do so, press & hold Volume up + Home + Power Button simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
- Now select ‘install zip from sdcard‘ followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard‘. Navigate to rooting package file and then confirm it next step.
- Once installation is complete, you will see recovery menu again.
- After successful flashing rooting package, press back button and then select reboot system now. That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Mega 5.8. You can find Superuser application in your menu.
Bingo!! Now you have successfully achieved root & installed Clockworkmod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8. Try flashing ROMs and other hacks and tell us how it works. Ask us any doubt through comments, we will try our best to help you out.
Source: XDA Community