Last year Samsung came up with Galaxy Grand 2 successor to Galaxy Grand. The updated version of Grand received positive response from the users. Moreover, it will receive official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update within few weeks. By that time you may like to modify your mobile. And rooting it is the first to do so.
In this article we have discussed step by step procedure to root your device. It will allow you access to all the files. It means you can delete unwanted per-installed file from your mobile. Also there are several apps on Play store that requires root access. By using superSU app you can allow it after rooting the device.
Note that rooting will void the warranty of mobile. So be careful before proceeding further.
The procedure mentioned in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your device if not properly followed. It is recommended that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these facts. Read all the steps before executing them. We or developers are not responsible if something happened to your mobile.
This tutorial is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 with model number SM-G7102. Any attempt to implement it on any other mobile might cause some unwanted damage. Check your model number as follows.
Settings -> about device ->model number
- Check that the mobile battery is charged at least up to 70% in order to avoid any interruption due to low battery.
- Take a backup of important stuff on mobile like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as they might get wiped during installation.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- How to backup Notes and Memos for an Android device.
- Most importantly you need to install device specific drivers on your computer. If you have installed kies on your PC, you don’t need to install it separately. Click here to download it.
- First download CF root for your device from official development page. Extract downloaded file on your PC.
- Click here to download
- You will also need Odin v3.07 for rooting the device. Download and install this on your computer.
- Click here to download
- Next step is to get into the downloading mode (also known as Odin mode) of your device. For that, first switch off your phone then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously for a while until it shows Downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Meanwhile launch Odin on your PC. Connect mobile to PC using USB cable.
- You will see Added! message in Odin’s message box indicating that your mobile is connected properly. Also one of the ID:COM section turns blue. If these didn’t happen make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly.
- Click PDA button and select CF-root.zip file.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Don’t click any other button or make any changes in Odin.
- Now click Start button for flashing recovery in your device. Installation will take a few seconds and after successful installation your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is rooted successfully. Install root checker app from play store to check its validity. For permitting root access to apps, open superSU, go to settings and make default access grant. That’s it! If you have any queries, ask us without any hesitation. We are always there to help you.