Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is the new member of the well known Ace family. This device was launched back in June 2013 and was much noticeable due to its features. It is powered by 1 GHz of cortex A9 dual core processor, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory and 5 megapixel camera. To gain more access it is necessary to root the device. Also if you are interested in flashing custom ROMs, custom kernels, or any custom stuff then a custom recovery like Clockworkmod much be installed. Yeah, of course all this will void your phones warranty. But as it is said, to gain something you have to lose something. You might also have heard that with root access, you can cross over the limitations that come with stock firmware which includes accessing the system files, overclocking CPU, using apps that require root access and much more.
So in this article we’ll be installing CWM recovery using the Odin method. And then will root the device from this custom recovery. Interested users may follow our step by step guide given below.
Disclaimer: Everything that is mentioned below is quite risky and can affect your device if attempted in a wrong way. We will not be held responsible if your phone gets damaged by implementing using our instructions given below. Although the chances that your device will get damaged are least, still we highly recommend you to follow all the given steps at your own risk.
Note that this guide mentioned below is only and only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 bearing the model number GT-S7270/GT-S7272. So check your device model number before proceeding further.
- Lack of battery life may increase the risk of interruption during the flashing process. So ensure that your device has a sufficient battery backup at least up to 70%.
- This procedure will void your device warranty. But if you want to regain it back then you can do that by unrooting your device.
- Make sure that you have backed up all your important data and settings including your Contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, notes, APN settings etc. before proceeding further. You may refer our article for the same.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs & APNs from your Android Device.
- How to backup Notes and Memos for an Android device.
- Ensure that mobile specific drivers are installed on your Computer for detecting your phone when connected through USB cable. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies.
- Firstly download the Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 from the link given below:
- Click here to download.
- Download CWM package for Galaxy Ace 3 from the link given below:
- Click here to download.
- After successfully download both the files on PC, switch off your device completely.
- Now you need enter into downloading mode. The same can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Home button + Power key simultaneously until you see a warning message. Press Volume up button to continue. This will land you into downloading mode.
- Keeping the phone in downloading mode, connect it to PC using the USB cable.
- Launch the Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 software which you’ve downloaded in PC. You’ll get Added message in the Odin’s message window. Also you’ll see one of the ID:COM section is turned blue or green.
- If this does not happen then make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer.
- Click PDA tab on the Odin window and locate the recovery .tar file which you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked. Make sure that you haven’t clicked anywhere else.
- Lastly click on the start button to initiate the CWM flashing process. It will take few minutes to finish. Your phone will restart automatically while the process is going on. We recommend to not remove the USB cable until the process completes.
- If unfortunately due to some reason phone gets stuck and if fail message appears in the Odin’s message box. In that case disconnect mobile, remove and re-insert battery and then repeat the above procedure again.
- As soon as the Pass message appears in the Odin window, safely remove the USB cable from PC.
- Switch off your device again. Now let us check whether CWM is properly flashed or not. For that boot the device into recovery mode. The same can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home button + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Now select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by the ‘Wipe Cache partition’ option on the recovery mode to wipe all the data and caches from your phone memory.
- You can reboot your phone now by selecting ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode itself.
- Download the Root package from the given link below:
- Click here to download.
- Connect your device to PC, enable USB debugging mode and without extracting transfer it on your phones internal/external memory. Remember not to place it in deep directories.
- Now boot your Galaxy Ace 3 into CWM recovery mode. For that firstly switch it off completely. Then press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears.
- Using the volume keys navigate to the Install zip from SD card option. Then on the next screen select Choose from SD card option. This will show all the data on your internal/external memory. Just select the Root (.zip) package file which you have copied earlier. On the next screen select Yes. This will start the Rooting process.
- After successful rooting the device you’ll again land into recovery mode. Select the ‘Reboot system now’ option to reboot your device.
- You’ll notice that an app named SuperSU pro is installed on your phone which will confirm that your device is properly rooted.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rooted and installed Clockworkmod (CWM) Custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7270/ GT-S7272. It is possible to flash Custom ROMs, Custom kernels, take backups, wipe data and much more on your device. If you have any kind of difficulty while going through the process, then without hesitating inform us through the comment section below. We’ll are always here to help you out. Sooner we will come up with some beautiful custom ROMs for this device. Enjoy!