Korean smartphones giants Samsung has announced their next ultimate device, Samsung Galaxy S4. But there is still some time for its launch. CurrentlyGalaxy Note 2 is their flagship device which is available in market. Last year, after grand success of Galaxy S3 Samsung launched Note 2 with enhanced performance, wider screen and lot of other exciting features.
Samsung is trying hard to keep their flagship device up to date. Recently they released official Jelly Bean firmware for Note 2. Now you can root your mobile based on official XXDLK7 4.1.2 JB firmware.
By rooting your phone you get all administrativeprivileges and access to root directory. There are many advantages of rooting your device such as you can run special apps which require root access, install custom ROMs, free your internal memory by moving applications to sdcard etc. You are just few steps away from rooting your Note. Following article explains how to root Galaxy Note 2 on official Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer:The following article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your Note. Do not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. For any damage cause to your device due to this process, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
The procedure given below in this article is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bearing model numbers N7100. Dont try to flash it on any other Phablet or variant.
- Ensure that mobile is charged at least up to70%so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- After flashing the rooting package all data on the device gets vanished permanently. So it is recommended that you should backup your important data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Drivers for your device must be installed on computer. If you have installed Kies on computer you dont need to install it separately. Clickhereto download drivers.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Download rooting package for your phabablet from link given below.
- Clickhereto download.
- Also download Odin multi downloader 3.07 and then extract the zip file on your computer. Odin software is a tool through which we are flashing the rooting package.
- Clickhereto download.
- Switch off your Note and boot it into downloading mode. For that press and hold Volume down + Power button simultaneously until you see downloading message on the screen. (You can release the power button after device vibrates but keep pressing other two buttons.)
- Now connect device to computer through USB cable.
- Launch Odin software on which you have installed earlier. After proper connection of your device to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned yellow. Added message will also appear in Odins message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed drivers properly.
- Then click PDA button and select CODE file. (CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5)
Important!!In Odin do not make any other changes except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. Make sure you have not checked Re-partition box by mistake.
- Hit on Start button to flash the recovery on your device. It will take few minutes for flashing the rooting package on your phablet. In the end, your device will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you device get stuck or you get afailmessage then exit the Odin, disconnect it from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- Your Note is now rooted. You can find superuser application in your application tray.
Congratulations!! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now you have access to all system files. If you have any doubts related to article, feel free to ask us via comments. We are glad to help you out.