And now the wait is over. Finally Samsung Galaxy S4 hits the markets all over the world. Life companion as they say. With its huge full HD screen and one and only octa-core processor you can surely say it will rule.
Along with all people developers are also very excited to see what this phone has got. They have been waiting eagerly to have their hands on this octa-core monster. No wonder that there will be huge development for this device. But also there is sad news that octa–core variant will not have support of Cyanogenmod.
Anyways, its been few days Galaxy S4 is launched and here comes a rooting method. It is very natural that you will want to have full control of your device so root access is necessary for that. Also there are several amazing applications out there which require root access so rooting stock firmware is pretty much a need. Thanks to senior XDA member as i9000. He has made available the preerooted XXUAMC6 firmware for Galaxy S4 I9500. You can manually install the firmware with help of Odin.
The detailed procedure on installing prerooted Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 on Samsung Galaxy S4 is discussed below.
Disclaimer: Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
The given article is strictly intended for SamsungGalaxy S4. Using this guide on any other model or variant might give you undesired results. Your device may get bricked by doing so.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will vanish after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Samsung device drivers must be installed on your computer in order to make the phone recognized by it. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here. OR Download device drivers directly from below:
- Windows 32 bit x86 drivers
- Windows 64 bit x64 drivers
Procedure to Install Pre-Rooted XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.2.2) onSamsung Galaxy S4:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program) & Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Pre-Rooted Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 for Samsung Galaxy S4
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & holdVolume down + Power button until the screen turns on. After that simply pressPower key once again. Finally you’ll see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle, that means your device has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “I9500XXUAMC6_I9500OXAAMC6_ROOT_ODEX.tar.md5“file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition boxis notticked.
- Finally hit Start button to initiate the flashing process. Sit back & relax until Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the Pass message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & holdVolume up + Home buttontogether & then pressPower key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume down/Volume up for navigation& Power keyfor selection.
- Now highlightWipe data/factory resetby using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do withWipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, selectreboot system nowoption to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Congratulations! Your have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 via pre-rooted XXUAMC6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Enjoy the root access and askqueriesthrough comments if you have any.