ParanoidAndroid in one of the most famous custom ROM known for their hybrid user interface which allows you to scale every app, icons, widgets, system components manually. This ParanoidAndroid ROM based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989. Thanks to XDA member jay.dub for compiling and bringing this for you.
The latest Android 4.1.1 is known for its smooth interface, Google Now, offline voice typing etc. all these features are incorporated in this 2.13 ParanoidAndroid ROM. They have also overcome flickering problem which is present in their previous versions.
Lets see how to update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with the help of this simple tutorial.
Disclaimer: The steps given in the following article are considered to be risky and it may cause damage to your device. Please do not follow these steps if you are not aware of all these things. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile due to following these steps.
The given article is strictly intended for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989. Applying this to any other model or variant may cause damage to it.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 70% for uninterrupted installation process.
- During installation all your data gets vanished. So it is recommended to take a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory of your device.
- The most important thing is you must have installed Clockworkmod Recovery on your mobile.
Without this custom recovery you cant flash the custom ROMs.
Procedure For flashing ParanoidAndroid 2.13 ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989:
- Download ParanoidAndroid 2.13 custom ROM for your mobile from the official source page.
- (Click here to download.)
- Also download Google Apps package for your mobile.
- (Click here to download.)
- Connect your mobile to PC via USB cable and enable mass storage mode on. Copy both the files to the external memory.
- Now disconnect phone from the PC. Next we have to boot into the Recovery mode. For that switch off your device. Press & hold volume up + volume down + power button simultaneously until your device boot into the recovery mode. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- Take a nandroid backup of your current ROM. For doing this select backup & restore option from recovery menu followed by backup on next screen. This nandroid backup gets saved in the external memory of your mobile.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
Next step is actual installation of ROM. To do this select install zip from sdcard and in next step select choose zip from sdcard. Select ParanoidAndroid zip file which you have saved earlier. Press yes for installation.
Installation process will take some time. After successful installation you will be returned to the recovery mode. Now we have to install Gapps in your mobile. For that, install zip from sdcard and in next step select choose zip from sdcard. This time select Gapps package. Select yes for installation.
- In the end, after successful flashing of both files, select +++++Go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 is running on 2.13 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.