ParanoidAndroid custom ROM is one of the most famous custom ROM mainly known for its hybrid user interface. You can change user interface between phone UI, tablet UI or Phablet Ui as per your wish. Even it has unique feature to scale the size of different icons and widgets.
This ParanoidAndroid custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is now compiled for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250.In this custom ROM you will get latest Jelly Bean features like photo sphere, day dream, new lock screen widget, gesture typing etc. This ParanoidAndroid 2.99 is beta release and it is under development.
Just follow the few steps written ahead to get this ParanoiAndroid 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Disclaimer: Risk is involved in the article written ahead and can also cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow it if you are newbie in this Android world. Read article completely and implement all the steps at your own risk. If any damage is happened to your mobile after inculcating these steps, we will not be responsible for that.
This ParanoidAndroid custom ROM is strictly built for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Dont try to flash it on any other mobile or variant otherwise permanent might cause to it.
- Dont forget to charge our mobile at least up to70% so that installation will proceed uninterruptedly.
- Since all the data on mobile gets wiped during the process, it is better to take a backup of important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Make sure that you have already installed custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on mobile. Without this recovery you cannot flash ROM on the mobile.
Procedure to flash ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- First download ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 for Nexus along with Gapps package for Jelly Bean. Gapps contain Google apps like Gmail, Maps, Play store etc. which are not present it custom ROM.
- Download ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1.
- Download Gapps for Jelly Bean.
- Connect your mobile to computer through USB cable. Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from PC. Switch off it and boot into fastboot mode.
- For that press & hold volume up + volume down + power button simultaneously until start menu appear on the screen. Now select recovery mode.
- Take a nandroid backup of current system. You might need it if something goes wrong. For that select backup & restore and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory.(This step is not mandatory.)
- Now wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and caches respectively on the phone.
- Next step is flashing of ROM. To do so select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Chose ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 file for installation.
- This will take few minutes for installation.
- Repeat the step of install zip from sdcard and chose zip from sdcard. But this time chose Gapps Package.
- After successful flashing of both the files, select +++++Go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Brilliant work!! ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now running on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Dont forget to share your views about the ROM. You can ask your doubts about the process. We will come up with solution as soon as possible.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.