In last November, Google teamed with LG for the latest Nexus mobile LG Nexus 4. It is also the frist device to get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Photo sphere, day dream, gesture typing etc. such type of new exciting features are included in this Jelly Bean 4.2.1.
But the custom ROM gives you some enhanced features along with the original AOSP features. Google devices are always pleased with different custom ROMs. Cyanogenmod and AOKP custom ROM are already compiled for LG Nexus 4. Now its time for ParanoidAndroid custom ROM.
This ParanoidAndroid custom ROM, known for its hybrid user-interface, is rolled out for Nexus 4. Recognized XDA developer molesarecoming has developed this ROM. You will definitely get most amazing experiance with its tons of customization options.
Just follow the few steps written ahead and enjoy ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on your LG Nexus 4.
Disclaimer:Since steps given below are considered to be risky and can cause damage to your device, we request you not to follow these steps if you are not aware of all this things. Please follow the complete tutorial at your own risk. If any damage or a problem is caused to your mobile due to following these steps, we will not be responsible for this.
This ROM is meant only for Google Nexus 4 E960. Dont try it on any other mobile or variant. It might result into some unwanted outcomes.
- Dont forget to charge your mobile at least up to 70% so that ROM flashing process will proceed without any interruption.
- As all the data in the phone gets wiped during the installation it is suggested that you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Most important!! You must have unlocked bootloader and Clockworkmod recovery must be installed on your mobile. Follow this article if you havent done with these things.
Procedure to flash ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 on Google Nexus 4:
- Download ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 custom ROM for Nexus 4.
- Click here to download it.
- Also download Gapps for Jelly Bean 4.2 as they are not present in custom ROM.
- Click here to download.
- Connect mobile to computer via USB cable. Enable USB debugging on. Copy both the files which you have downloaded earlier to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Now switch off your mobile. Boot it into fastboot mode. For that press & hold volume up + volume down + power button simultaneously until Start message in appeared on the screen.
- Navigate to the recovery mode option and select it by pressing power button. You will see Clockworkmod recovery menu on the screen.
- It is always recommended that you should take a nandroid backup of current system. For that select backup & restore followed by backup. This nandroid backup is saved in external memory.
- Now for wiping data and caches from phone memory select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. (This step is mandatory.)
- Select install zip from sdcard and then chose zip from memory card. Navigate to ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 zip file. Select it and press yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation of ROM.
- Again repeat the same procedure i.e. install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. But this time chose Gapps file.
- After successfully finishing these files select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Great job!! ParanoidAndroid 4.2.1 is now installed on you LG Nexus 4 E960. Share your views about this ROM through comments.
Tip: If you want to go back to previous ROM then boot mobile into recovery mode as you done it previously. Then select backup & restore followed by restore and then select latest backup to restore.