Now amongst the large competition in mobile phones between leading brands like Samsung, HTC, Sony etc. one more Chinese brand is there, called Oppo. This Chinese company is very well known for blue-ray drives and has also received reviews from several home theatre publications, online retailers, and gadget review sites. Now the company has surprised the world with their all new flagship device Oppo Find 5.
Their flagship device Find 5 was launched earlier this year with very stunning features. Oppo Find 5 features clean lines, thin rectangular shape, and overall elegant appearance. It also features a pixel density of 441 ppi, which puts it in the highest range ofthe mobile phones with HD displayat its release time.
After many other ROMs, now Paranoid Android halo says hello to Oppo find 5 users. Oppo Find 5 is only device other than Nexus which has got this ROM. Along with features of Custom ROMs,Paranoid Android Halo also performs multitasking and brings notifications (conceptually derived from Facebooks Chat Heads feature) from applications into a floating window and allows you to interact with that application.
Now here we bring the detailed tutorial about how to flash this Paranoid Android Halo on Oppo Find 5.
Disclaimer:Since steps given below are considered to be risky and can cause damage to your device, we request you not to follow these steps if you are not aware of all this things. Please follow the complete tutorial at your own risk. If any damage or a problem is caused to your mobile due to following these steps, we will not be responsible for this.
This ROM is meant only for Oppo Find 5. Dont try it on any other mobile or variant. It might result into some unwanted outcomes.
- Dont forget to charge your mobile at least up to 70% so that ROM flashing procedure goes uninterrupted.
- As all the data in the phone gets wiped during the installation it is suggested that you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- You have to transfer ROM and Gapps files to SD card of your phone so make sure drivers are properly installed on your PC or Laptop.
- Most important!! You must have custom recovery installed in order to flash the ROM. Here is link from which you can install TWRP recovery.
Procedure to flash ParanoidAndroid Halo 4.2.2 on Oppo Find 5:
- Download ParanoidAndroid Halo 4.2.2 custom ROM for Oppo Find 5.
Click here to download it.
- Also download Gapps for Jelly Bean 4.2 as they are not present in custom ROM.
Click here to download.
- Connect mobile to computer via USB cable. Enable USB debugging on. Copy both the files which you have downloaded earlier to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Now switch off your mobile. Boot it into recovery mode.
- For booting into recovery mode, press and holdVolume Down + Power buttonsimultaneously until you land into recovery mode.
- It is always recommended that you should take a nandroid backup of current system. For that select backup & restore followed by backup. This nandroid backup is saved in external memory.
Important!!Now for wiping data and caches from phone memory select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then chose zip from memory card. Navigate to ParanoidAndroid Halo 4.2.2 zip file. Select it and press yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation of ROM.
- Again repeat the same procedure i.e. install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. But this time chose Gapps file.
- After successfully finishing these files select go back and then reboot system now.
Tip:If you want to go back to previous ROM then boot mobile into recovery mode as you done it previously. Then select backup & restore followed by restore and then select latest backup to restore.
Hurrey!! ParanoidAndroid Halo 4.2.2 is now installed on your Oppo Find 5. Now you are able to do multitasking more efficiently. Share your views about this ROM through comments. And ask if you have any doubts.