Today Samsung has rolled out ICS 4.0.4 update for their international version of Galaxy Note N7000. The update has build number XXLRG. This update has bring out noticeable performance improvements & stability fixes. First update of ICS 4.0.4 is released for Germany Region (I think Samsung loves to release their new firmware updates for Germany first since they’ve started releasing ICS updates from Germany). It is also available through Kies & OTA in Germany. If you want to flash it manually, follow the instructions mentioned below.
At first, Let us check out the things we will be seeing in this article..
- Precautions to take before Upgrading firmware to ICS 4.0.4 :
- Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 With Official ICS 4.0.4 XXLRG
Disclaimer : We have made this article covering each & every step at our level best. But if in case any damage happened to your device (It should not be), neither we nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will be held responsible for it.
Precautions to take before Upgrading firmware to ICS 4.0.4 :
- You must enable USB debugging in your device in order to connect it to the PC. If you don’t know how to do it, follow the path mentioned below in your device.
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data/apps from phone memory. You need wipe all the things at the end of the procedures.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that it should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 With Official ICS 4.0.4 XXLRG :
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.04) & ICS 4.0.4 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.04
ICS 4.0.4 XXLRG Package for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- Extract ICS 4.0.4 Package (N7000XXLRG_N7000DBTLRG_DBT.zip) in your computer. You’ll find N7000XXLRG_N7000DBTLRG_N7000XXLRB_HOME.tar.md5 in your extracted folder.
- Now switch off your phone. You need to enter into the downloading mode in order to flash the firmware. Downloading mode can be entered by Holding Power Key + Volume Down Button + Home Button simultaneously.
- After entering into the downloading mode, you’ll see Downloading.. text in yellow. Keeping your phone in downloading mode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which you’ve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then you’ll see that the ID:COM section has been turned yellow. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your phone OR simply install Samsung Kies from the CD which you’ve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & choose N7000XXLRG_N7000DBTLRG_N7000XXLRB_HOME.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining things as it is.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take 6-7 Minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Disconnect your Note from PC.
- Switch off it again since whole procedure is not over yet. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. It can be entered by Holding Volume Up + Home Key + Power Button simultaneously.
- In the Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition. You have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them.
- After wiping data, select “reboot system now” to Restart the Phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon device get rebooted successfully , you’ll be landing on Home Screen.
Whoa !! You’ve successfully installed Latest update of Android (ICS 4.0.4) on your phone. If you need any help while updating your phone, comment it below. We are always there to help you out…