After a long wait for Googles Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, here is another leaked firmware XXDLI8 for Samsung Galaxy S3. Samsung has announced official JB update for their flagship device, still update is to come so if you want to try it out before, leaked firmware of the same is available for you to flash. This update has come up with several minor bug fixes and performance improvements over older leaked firmwares.
Flashing process of this firmware is little different than the usual methods as we are not going to use Odin for the same instead well be flashing this firmware through the recovery mode. Since recovery is used, errors can be minimized automatically.
Move on further to how to update Galaxy S3 to leaked official Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article are risky & cancause damageto your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, this update of leaked Jelly Bean firmware is intended for Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing model number GT-i9300 (International variant).DONTtry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Pre-requisites Before Upgrading Firmware:
- Charge your device up to 70% battery level.
- Enable USB Debugging in your phone.
- Before flashing this update, your phone must be running ICS 4.0.4 XXBLF6 firmware. If you dont have it already you can follow this guide.
- During this procedure you may have to wipe your data so dont forget to back up your applications and important data stored on phone memory.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with leaked Official Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) XXDLI8 firmware:
- Download leaked Android 4.1 JB OTA update from the link given below.
Download XXDLI8 OTA update | Mirror Link (GT-I9300_I9300XXDLI8-OTA-I9300XXBLG8_BTU_297718496.zip)| 283 MB
- Transfer this file to the SD card of your phone.
- Now switch off your phone. Then by holding Volume up, Home and Power buttons together boot into stock recovery.
- In recovery select apply update from external storage, then scroll to GT-I9300_I9300XXDLI8-OTA-I9300XXBLG8_BTU_297718496.zip file and select it. This will start installation of Android 4.1 JB update.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now to boot up into Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- First startup may take some time to boot the phone than usual, therefore be patient & wait until you get into the Home Screen.
Congratulations ! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now running official Jelly bean XXDLI8 leaked firmware (Android 4.1). Do let us know how it is working for you, we will be pleased to hear it. And please report us about improvements and bugs.
Note: If you are not comfortable with this update, you can revert back to ICS firmware anytime just by restoring the backup you’ve take before.