Now its been 3 months for theAndroid 4.1release and still no officialJelly Beanfirmware rolled out forT-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. But here is great news for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 owners. They can now enjoy official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on their phones before it actually releases. This new build will update your phone’s firmware version to UVDLI8. The update has come up with several minor bug fixes and performance improvements over older leaked firmwares.
Keep in mind that, this is a leaked firmware and not an official update by T-Mobile/Samsung so you may have some issues or some things may not work properly. Even stability issues can also be there so if you are not comfortable with it you can wait for official release to come out.
Read on further to learn how you can upgrade your T-mobile Galaxy S3 to leaked official Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & cancause damageto your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
Please note that, this update of leaked Jelly Bean firmware is intended forT-MobileSamsung Galaxy S3bearing model numberSGH-999.DONTtry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it cancause damageto your phone.
Pre-requisites before Upgrading Firmware:
- Charge your device up to 70% battery level.
- Enable USB Debugging in your phone.
- Before flashing this update, your phone must be running stock Android 4.0 ICS firmware.
- During this procedure you may have to wipe your data so keep in mind to back up your applications andimportant datastored on phone memory.
Procedure to Update Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with leaked Official Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) T999UVDLI8firmware:
- Download leakedAndroid 4.1 JB OTA update from the link given below.
Download T999UVDLI8OTA update | Mirror Link (324.1 MB)
- Copy this file to the SD card of your phone.
- Now turn off your phone. Then by holdingVolume up,HomeandPowerbuttons together boot into stock recovery.
- In recovery, select apply update from external storage‘ then scroll toSGH-T999_T999UVDLI8-OTA-T999UVALI5_TMB_339817771.zipfile and select it.Android 4.1 JB update installation should start by now.
- Now you need to factory reset the phone in order to make it work properly. To do so, highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it usingpower key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- Once all these things are done, selectreboot system now to boot up intoAndroid 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- First startup may take some time to boot the phone than usual, therefore be patient & wait until you get into the Home Screen.
That’s it! Your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 is now running official Jelly beanT999UVDLI8leaked firmware (Android 4.1). Do let us know how it isworking foryou.