Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the current flagship device of Samsung, has received much-awaited latest official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update.Until now only Nexus devices were running on this latest Android update. It means Note 3 is going to be the first device apart from nexus to run KitKat.
This official update currently available only in Poland. But other user can avail this manually using Odin tool. At the moment KitKat update is rolled out for Snapdragon (quad-core) devices only. But sooner or later other variants will receive it over the air.
As expected, Samsung has brought minor UI changes in Android 4.4.2 update. The noticeable one is change in battery icon color in status bar. Previously green colored icon is turned into white which looks awesome. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation, which makes typing much easier and gesture typing works really well too. Samsung has implemented a camera shortcut direct on its lockscreen. It is also reported a slight increase in benchmark.
Go through the procedure to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Flashing an official firmware is a little bit risky process and may lead to permanent damage if not properly followed. Though it is very unlikely that your mobile gets damaged, newbies in this Android world should think before inculcating this article. Read procedure carefully before going for its execution. We, AndroidLegend.com, are not responsible for any damage or misbehavior of your mobile after inculcating these instructions.
This is a official firmware of Android 4.4.2 KitKat is compatible only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 having model number SM-N9005. Don’t try to flash it on any other variant of Note 3 to avoid any permanent damage.
- Do check the battery status before flashing firmware. It should be at least 70% charged to avoid interruption during procedure.
- It is suggested to take a backup of important stuff like SMS, MMS, contacts etc. to the external memory as we are wiping all the data from internal memory during the installation process.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Install device specific drivers on your PC. You can get this from here.
- It is better to turn off all the security features and anti-virus software on process temporarily.
- Download this test build of Android 4.4.2 KitKat N9005XXUENA6 firmware for Samsung galaxy Note 3
- Click here to download
- You will require Odin multi downloader tool to flash this update on your Galaxy Note 3. Download and install Odin v3.09 on your PC or laptop.
- Click here to download.
- After downloading both files, switch off the mobile. Boot into downloading mode. (Also known as Odin mode.) To do this press volume down + home +power button simultaneously until phone vibrates.
- Connect mobile to computer through USB cable. Ensure that you have installed USB drivers on PC.
- Meanwhile launch Odin tool which you have installed earlier. After proper connection of mobile to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned blue. At the same time Added!! message will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers.
- Then click AP button and select AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 file.
- Add BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL.
- Select CP and add CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5 file.
- And finally add CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked.
- Don’t click anywhere else in the Odin. Ensure that re-partition is not ticked.
- After doing everything properly, press Start button to flash the firmware in mobile. It will take around 5-10 minutes for flashing the firmware on mobile. During this course don’t remove USB cable from the phone.
- Finally your phone will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- Wait the procedure is not over yet. Switch off your mobile either by power button or removing the battery. Boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up + home button + power button simultaneously.
- You will land into recovery mode. (Note: Touch doesn’t work in the recovery mode. Use volume buttons for navigation.)
- Select wipe data/factory reset and then select wipe cache partitions. (Caution! This will wipe all the data from the internal memory.)
- Finally select reboot system now. Remember first boot will take more time than usual.
Congratulation! Android 4.4.2 KitKat is successfully running on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Do let us know how it is working for you. If you come across any difficulties, do post in the comments section below. We will find a solution for you.