Now with launch of Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung have proved their title as Korean Smartphone Giants. Samsung Smartphones are very popular all around the world. They have variety of devices in every price range. It all started with their first smartphone from Galaxy series Samsung Galaxy S. After huge success of it, Samsung launched next and advanced version of it Galaxy S 2 in early 2011.
The Galaxy S2 turned out to be a massive hit with it’s stunning features like dual core processor, 1 GB RAM and super AMOLED screen. And above that it was one of the slimmest smartphones at that time. Galaxy S2 was offered with wide variety of it’s carrier locked versions all over the world. In USA sprint was the first carrier to offer avariant of Galaxy S2. It is known as Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
Galaxy S2 was launched with Gingerbread on board. As the Android went onupgrading, Samsung provided the updates for this device. As promised Samsung provided Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy S2 recently, but it is for international varient. Sprint is the first carrier to provide Jelly Bean update to theirvariant.This update brings you all the latest features of Jelly Bean. Due to the large size of the update it is not made available over the air. You can do the update with Kies or you can flash it manually in Odin multidownloader. Following article will guide you with manual procedure of updating Samsung Epic 4G Touch to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for the same.
Please note that, this update of leaked Jelly Bean firmware is intended forSamsungEpic 4G Touchbearing model number SPH-D710.DONTtry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Samsung Epic 4G Touch:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 & Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 firmware package for Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You will find file namedKIES_HOME_SPH-D710.GB27_D710SPRLS1_1014481_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Now, switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press and hold these keys together:Volume Down + Powertill warning message appears on screen. Then pressVolume Upto enter download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned Blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be Blue, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies fromhereOR you can manually download device drivers fromhere).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & chooseKIES_HOME_SPH-D710.GB27_D710SPRLS1_1014481_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition boxis notchecked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Chat. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background above COM port & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & holdVolume up + Power key together. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlightWipe data/factory resetby using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do withWipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, selectreboot system nowoption to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Excellent work!! You have successfully installed Android 4.1.2 official firmware on Samsung Epic 4G Touch. Now you can enjoy all the latest Jelly Bean features. If you face any difficulty regarding this ask us through comments.