The concept of Android based tablet computers was very popular amongst the people and realizing it quite early Samsung launched their Galaxy Tab series. In this series there is wide variety of Tablets available depending upon screen sizes and other specifications. Galaxy Tab 7.7 was launched in month of February last year and it is thinnest Tab Samsung has made in 7 inch series. Plus it was the first Tab to support super AMOLED display resulting in very high pixel density.
Talking about software support, Tab was launched with Android 3.2 Honeycomb with Samsung’s custom overlay TouchWix UX which provided many widgets plus many features specially designed for Tabs. In July 2012 official Ice Cream Sandwich update was given. And now after wait of almost a year Tab 7.7 usears can taste the treat of Jelly Bean officially. The update is stuffed with all latest Jelly Bean features.
Currently update is available for few countries only. But people from other countries can definitely update their Tabs to latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 by manual installation of the update. Also custom ROM users will have to perform the update manually even if it is available for their country.
Here is the simple procedure of how to update Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Android 4.1.2 manually.
Disclaimer:Update procedure given in the further article is considered as risky and can cause damage to tablet. We highly recommend that you should think once more before implementing it to the tab. First read the article completely and then follow all the steps at your own risk. We or developers could not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device during the procedure.
The article given below is strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 bearing model number P6800. Dont try to implement it on any other tab or variant else you will end up with some unwanted results.
- charge the tablet at least up to 75%in order to avoid any interruption during installation process due to low battery power.
- It is recommended that you should take a take a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- You must have installed tablet drivers on computer. If you have installed kies on your computer you dont need to install separately. And if you don’t have Kies, you can download and install it from here.
Procedure to install Official Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab7.7:
- Download firmware for your tablet from official download link given below.
- Official Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Also download Odin multi-downloader software and install it on computer. It is software of Samsung which is used for flashing firmware on tablet
- Odin 3.08
- Now boot the device into downloading mode. This can be done by pressing & holding Volume down + Power buttonsimultaneously until you getDownloadingmessage on the screen.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer & connect the Tab using USB cable.
- If your Tab is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn into blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers by using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin software, select PDA tab & choose the firmware file which you have extracted from downloaded zip file.
Essential!!Don’t make any other changesin Odin software except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. And do not check Re-partition box even by mistake.
- You are done, Now simply press Start button to begin the flashing process. It will not take more than 6-7 Minutes to finish with the flashing procedure.
- After installation procedure in Odin is over, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Essential!!If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your Tab and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Disconnect your Tab from PC.
- Procedure isn’t complete yet.Turn your device off again. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by HoldingVolume Up + Power simultaneously. UseVolume Up/Down keysto navigate options in recovery &Power buttonto select them.
- To avoid your device from going into bootloop, in the Recovery mode, selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partition.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the Tab. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in All new Home Screen.
Nice Job!! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Now enjoy the latest features of Jelly Bean and fell free to contact us through comments if you have got any doubts with the article.