Every high end device that Samsung launches has some unique features than it’s predecessors. Let us take an example of Galaxy S4. Samsung recently announced this powerful smartphone with many new features & improvements such as octa core processor, 13MP Camera, improved battery life (2600 mAh), improved camera functionality, smart scroll, in-built LTE support (in some countries only) and most important update of Android viz, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. I said OS thing is most important because it plays the main roll while selecting a particular phone, doesn’t it?
Looking back to the past, Galaxy S3 was also launched with many new features. Assuming that you already know all of them, Let us not discuss it here. Well, the point is OS. Galaxy S3 was shipped with ICS 4.0.4 on-board. At that time, it was looking good. But people’s mentality changes with time. They always prefer something new. It’s a common human nature.
By keeping this thing in mind, Samsung rolled out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade to international variant of Galaxy S3. And now, it is made available for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (in the form of UVDLJC firmware). Actually, it is pushed out lately. But still, it was worth waiting to have latest Jelly Bean update right on your S3.
So, in this article, we’ve covered the whole procedure required for upgrading your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.1.1 UVDLJC Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are considered as risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held liable for it.
The given article is strictly intended for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999. Using this guide on any other model or variant (of S3) might give you undesired results. Your device may get bricked by doing so.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will vanish after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Samsung device drivers must be installed on your computer in order to make the phone recognized by it. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually, click here. OR Download device drivers directly from below:
- Windows 32 bit x86 drivers
- Windows 64 bit x64 drivers
Procedure to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 with UVDLJC Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.1):
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program) & Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.1 T999UVDLJC for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (Mirror #1)
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. Finally you’ll see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle, that means your device has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “T999UVDLJC_T999TMBDLJC_T999UVDLJC_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not ticked.
- Finally hit Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Sit back & relax until Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the Pass message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but don’t worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
You’ve done it Fantastically! Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean UVDLJC firmware is successfully installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Enjoy all the latest features of Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Report us how it is working for you. Feel free to ask any doubt in comment section below, we will try our best to answer you as quick as possible.