Micromax Canvas 4, an Android phone which was launched almost a year ago had a great success in market. Still many users are using this phone. If you are bored of using the stock interface for long time and want some new features added to your phone, the Pure Xperia Z2 ROM is specially designed for you.
Pure Xperia Z2 ROM will change the interface of your phone and make it like Sony Xperia Z2 (like Android 4.4.2). Also, some features and applications of Xperia Z2 will be installed on your phone. This new interface is very attractive and simple for use. This is not actual Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.
- Xperia Z2 Home and Simple Home
- Based on Xperia C 16.0.B.2.13 Base
- Xperia Z2 theme
- Xperia Z2 system UI
- Xperia Z2 Framework
- Xperia Z2 Media Apps (Album, Movies, Walkman, Movie Creator)
- Xperia Z2 Apps (Clock, Calculator, Sketch, Notes, Socialife, Email, Select, Calendar, Downloads, Recorder)
- Xperia Z2 Widgets
- Xperia Keyboard
- Xperia Fonts
- Xperia Z2 Style Settings
- Xperia Z2 Wallpapers
- Xperia Z2 Sounds
- Xperia C Style Camera
- Xperia Z2 Boot animation
- True Viper 2 Android Integration
- 3G SIM Switching
- Battery Tweaks
- Memory Tweaks
- Advanced Reboot Menu
- No Xposed Pre-installed
- Smart Gestures
- No Bloatwares
- And Many More
In this post, a detailed procedure about installing this ROM is given. This ROM will not only change the interface of the phone, but also increases the performance of the phone.
The steps mentioned in this article are very risky and may damage to your phone permanently. In is recommended that you should read the whole article before applying any changes. Neither we nor the developer will be responsible for any kind of damage to your phone. This ROM is for Micromax Canvas 4 – A210 only.
Don’t try to install it on other devices. If you are not familiar to the procedure, it is recommended that you should not proceed or should take help from an experienced person.
- Keep your phone charged, at least up to 60%, so that the installation process will proceed uninterrupted.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted. Don’t try to flash this ROM on stock recovery. Use CWM or TWRP recovery to flash the ROM.
- How to backup Contacts and SMS from your device.
- How to backup APNs, EFS, Logs from your device.
- It is necessary to take the backup of necessary stuff such as Contacts, SMS, MMS, APN list etc.
- First of all, download the zip file of ROM ‘Pure Xperia Z2‘ for Micromax Canvas 4 from official development page
- Puria Xperia Z2 ROM
- Move the file to the internal storage of your phone and don’t extract it.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the home + power + volume up button simultaneously.
- It is recommended that you should take a Nandroid backup which might be useful to you if anything goes wrong.
- Click on ‘wipe data‘. Also wipe dalvik cache.
- Click on ‘install zip from sdcard‘ and select the file you have downloaded in first step. This will flash the ROM and might take several minutes.
- Now, Recovery Mode will appear again. Reboot your device normally.
- If you get stuck in boot loop then try to reinstall the ROM.
- After rebooting, if you get any force close errors, the to do factory reset from the Recovery Mode. If the problem continues, try to flash the ROM again.
- Enjoy the Xperia Z2 on your Canvas 4.
If you don’t like the ROM or if you are not comfortable with it, you can easily go back to your previous ROM. For this, go to Recovery Mode and click on ‘backup and restore’ followed by clicking on Restore and select the latest backup you are having.
If you are having any problem, then let us know.