Samsung’s streak of rolling out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates continues. Now it’s been a year since launch of Jelly Bean and now further version of Android is coming soon still all the devices from their update list haven’t received the update yet. But still Samsung has given the update to most of their phones. And now update is available to one more device from the list.
Here is a good news for Samsung Galaxy Beam users. Official Jelly Bean update is now available. Galaxy Beam is Android smartphone having a built-inDLPnHDprojector at up to 50 inches (1,300mm) in size at 15lumens. Launched in Feb 2012 the phone comes with pre-installed Android 2.3 Ginger Bread. In this update, there arent many interface differences but the device feels like reborn with faster performance and better battery life.
Via this leaked firmware you can update your Galaxy Beam to Android 4.1.2 within minutes. But if you want to wait for official update via Kies, you can wait. But it will take some time for official firmware to come.
Following article will guide you on how to install Android 4.1.2 firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Beam.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & cancause damageto your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
This leaked firmware is intended only for Samsung Galaxy BeamGT-I8530, Flashing it on any other variant or mobile might give you some unwanted results.
Note: This pre-release firmware and not an official update from Samsung. So think before installing it.
- Ensure that the phone is charged at least up to 70% so that the process wont get interrupted.
- You must take a backup of all the important data on the phone like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card since it gets wiped permanently during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
- Also disable all security related software like anti-virus.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Beam with leaked Official Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) firmware:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Download Android 4.1.2 Update for Galaxy Beam
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Extract Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package which you have downloaded in previous step on your computer. Youll find a file having extension.taror.tar.md5in your extracted folder which is the firmware file. You have to flash this file to your phone using Odin Multi Downloader.
- Now switch off your phone. Samsung has provided downloading mode to manually flash the firmware file. Downloadingmode can be entered by Holding Home+ Power Key+Volume Down Buttonsimultaneously.
- After entering into the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Keeping your device in downloadingmode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your device or you can download and install Kies which is PC software provided by Samsung. When you install Kies drivers are automatically installed with it).
- In Odin, select PDA tab. Browse through PC and select the firmware file from directory where you have stored it.
- Now simply press Start button. Flashing process will start. It will hardly take 6-7 Minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC.
- Switch it off again since whole procedure isn’t over yet. Now you need to enter into Recovery mode. The same can be entered by Holding Home + Volume Up + Power Buttonsimultaneously.
- In the Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition. You have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them.
- After wiping data, select reboot system now to Restart the phone. Usually first boot take some time after flashing firmware so be patient. As soon as device gets rebooted successfully , youll land in all new Jelly Bean UI.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Beam is now running leaked official Jelly bean firmware (Android 4.1.2). Report us know how it isworking foryou. And comment below if you have got any doubt.