Now here we are in 2014 and rumors of Samsung Galaxy S5 has started coming. And they have promised some awesome features with S5, some of them are like metallic body, fingerprint scanner etc. Also they stated that they started to design from scratch have promised all new design. Last year preceder of S5, Galaxy S4 was a massive hit.
Generally Samsung is very well known for their after sales support and service. And they try their best to provide the latest updates to you. But many a times they are very late with those updates. Since they do a lot of customizations in stock Android, their updates are a bit late.
Android 4.4 KitKat was launched by Google in September last year. But still there is no sign of official KitKat update to their last year’s flagship Galaxy S4. Recently a leaked Android 4.4.2 firmware was available for International variant of Galaxy S4. It indicates that official update in on the way. But for carrier locked devices like AT&T GS4, still more time goes to have official update.
But here is a great news for AT&T GS4 users. Now leaked official Android 4.4.2 firmware is available for them, thanks to Recognized XDA member designgears. Those who want to enjoy features of latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat right away, they can follow the simple firmware flashing procedure to get going.
Procedure written in the article below is not that difficult but still we recommend that you take proper precaution. One click installation process is very easy. All you have to do is just follow the process as instructed in the following article. And it is very unlikely that your device will get damaged. Neither we, nor the developer is responsible for any damage caused to your device during the process.
The official firmware of Android 4.4.2 KitKat is compatible only with AT&T Galaxy S4 having model number SGH-I337. It won’t work on any other variant with other carriers or international variant.
- First make sure that your mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that you will have smooth installation process.
- Install Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones on PC. You can get this from here.
- During installation of this firmware, all your personal data will get erased so in order to have a it safe, you must backup it on your computer before starting with the installing procedure. Articles given below will guide you with it.
- To back up contacts & messages click on the following link
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS / MMS).
- To backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder link is given below.
- How to Backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- It is recommended to turn off all the security software for a while you can turn it back on after the process is over.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
How to Install Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat I337UCUFMLD Firmware on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337:
For your convenience, we have split the procedure in sections as Downloads and Flashing procedure. They are as follows.
Firmware Details and Download link:
Download: Click here to download the OneClick firmware file.
SIZE: 1.51 GB
Flashing process for Firmware using OneClick file:
Flashing process using OneClick Firmware file is a very easy process and it is not at all complex as the process of flashing firmware by Odin is. Though, you require a Computer to flash this firmware. After you finish downloading the above firmware file, just follow the few simple steps given below to install the firmware.
- First, switch off your phone by long pressing power button. Wait for 5-6 seconds until phone vibrates to ensure that phone is switched off completely.
- Now you have to put the AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 in downloading mode. You can do it by pressing and holding down the Home + Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. After doing so, a warning screen will come up. Then again press Volume Up button to enter in downloading mode.
- Coming back to computer, extract downloaded I337UCUFMLD_OneClickBin.zip using an extraction tool like WinRAR or 7-Zip. Then run I337UCUFMLD_OneClickBin.exe that located within extracted folder.
- Now connect your phone to computer using a USB cable which you have got at the time of purchasing a phone.
- After that, all you have to do is follow onscreen instructions and wait patiently when installation process start.
- Once installation process is finished, your phone will reboot automatically. First start of new firmware may take a while. Be patient and enjoy all the latest KitKat features.
Hooray! You have done an excellent job. Finally you have upgraded your AT&T Galaxy S4 to leaked official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. While other AT&T GS 4 users are waiting for official update to come,you can show-off with the latest features. And if there is anything you don,t understand or you run into any difficulty, just ask your doubt in comments section. We will try our best to help you.