TWRP is a custom recovery that enables you to install custom ROMs, making backups, factory resetting etc. on your phone. It is an alternative option for the famous Clockworkmod Recovery. Till today, it has been ported for many Android smartphones & tablets and has now made available for T-Mobile Galaxy Note SGH-T879.
In addition to Clockworkmod recovery, TWRP has suitable user interface for both tablets & large screen phones. It has capability of making faster ROM backups along with the features like on screen keyboard, in-built file manager, theme support etc.
Read on further to learn how you can install TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note SGH-T879.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device, we won’t be held liable for it.
Please note that, this guide is applicable only for T-Mobile Galaxy Note having model number SGH-T879. DON’T try it on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Procedure to Install TWRP Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note SGH-T879 :
- Make sure that your phone is rooted. If not, follow this guide.
- Download the app GooManager from Google Play Shop (or you can manually download that .apk file from here in case if you dont find it over Play store).
- Once downloaded, install it normally.
- After installing GooManager, open it & when prompted for root access, click Allow to continue.
- As soon as you get in the app, press Menu button & select Install OpenRecoveryScript, click on Yes.
- Confirm downloading of TWRP recovery by pressing Yes button on next prompt.
- TWRP recovery will be downloaded & then installed on your phone after a reboot.
- If you want to try out newly installed TWRP recovery, open GooManager & select Reboot Recovery to boot in the recovery.
That’s it ! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note. Have fun with flashing Custom ROMs..