Like CWM Recovery, TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a custom recovery that can be used for flashing custom ROMs as an alternative option. With this tool you can safely flash ROM, create a backup of current ROM, wipe your phones data etc. Touch user-interface is one of its remarkable property. And now such a user friendly recovery is available for Samsungs flagship device Galaxy S3. In this guide, we will be discussing on how one can install TWRP recovery on his/her Galaxy S3.
Disclaimer: Procedure mentioned in the given article is considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please follow this steps completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
The given article is strictly applicable for Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing model number GT-I9300. Applying these steps to any other model or variants of Galaxy S3 might give you unwanted result.
- For uninterrupted installation of Recovery, charge your phone at least up to 70% battery level.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your computer.
- Your phone must have Clockworkmod recovery installed before flashing the TWRP.
Procedure to install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S3 from the the link given below.
- Click here to download
- Connect your mobile to PC via USB cable. (Dont forget to turn on USB debugging.)
- Copy this downloaded file to external microSD card.
- Disconnect your mobile and switch it off.
- Next step is to boot it into recovery mode, for that press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously for a while till it opens recovery mode.
- Now select install zip from SD card, followed by choose zip from SD card and select the zip file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Installation will take a few seconds. After successful installation select +++++Go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Thats it! TWRP Recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300. Your phone is ready to flash custom ROMs.