It has been a trend that Samsung has released the next generation of their successful mobiles. Like Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4 or Note, Note 2 etc. Moreover they have also created the clones of the successful mobiles like S3 Mini, S duos etc. Galaxy S2 Plus is also one of them. Though it is identical to S2 in terms of looks, it has got superior features than the S2.
Well we know that Samsung will be rolling out Android 4.2.2 update for this device, but it will take few days. You might like to try out some custom ROMs and for that you will need a custom recovery like clockworkmod recovery.
Touch clockworkmod recovery is now compiled for Samsung galaxy S2 Plus. It is not like that recovery is not present on your mobile. But it is not capable of flashing the custom ROM. Moreover you get some extra features which are present in the stock recovery.
So just go ahead and follow few simple steps to flash clockworkmod recovery on Samsung galaxy S2 Plus.
Disclaimer: The tutorial written ahead is considered as little risky and can cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. It is suggested that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these facts. Follow all the steps properly at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This article is intended for only Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus with model number I9105. Flashing this recovery on any other mobile or variant might cause permanent damage to it.
- Make sure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- It is recommended you should take a backup of all personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as it gets vanished during installation.
- Also mobile drivers must be installed on your computer.
Procedure to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105:
- First download Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. Extract it on the computer.
Click here to download it.
- For flashing this recovery on the phone, you will need a tool called Odin3 v0.7. Download it and install on your computer.
Click here to download it.
- Next step is to get into the downloading mode of your device. For that, first switch off your phone then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously for a while until it shows Downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Now we have to flash this recovery into the phone through Odin software. Hence connect your mobile to computer through USB cable and launch Odin software installed on your computer.
- You will see Added!! Message appeared in message box of Odin. It means your mobile is properly detected. Also one of the ID:COM section turns blue. If you dont get such message or ID:COM section doesnt turn blue, make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly.
- Click PDA button on Odin and selectCWMtouch-i9105_chotu.tar.md5. file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Dont click any other button or make any changes in Odin.
- Now click Start button for flashing recovery in your device. Installation will take a few seconds and after successful installation your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Well done! Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105. Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have any doubts regarding the procedure you can ask through comments. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: To see the Clockworkmod recovery, first switch off the mobile and then press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until recovery mode opens. You can take a nandroid backup. For that select backup & restore option and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory.