After rooting the device, second & foremost required step for every user is to install custom recovery on their Android powered phones. Till now there was no custom recovery available for LG’s flagship device but now there is ! Touch enabled Clockworkmod recovery is now released for LG Optimus 4X HD. Thanks to XDA Senior Member Dexter_nlb who has made this possible.
Below is the complete walkthrough guide made for you so that you can install clockworkmod recovery on your phone & take a joy of installing custom ROMs on the same.
Disclaimer : The steps given in this article are somewhat risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are completely unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, this guide is applicable only for LG Optimus 4X HD. Don’t try it on any other device, it may cause malfunctioning to your device.
Pre-Requisites before Installing Custom Recovery :
- Enable Unknown Sources option form the Setings which is required to install non-Play Store apps.
- Home > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- Home > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
- Charge your device upto minimum 60% battery level.
Procedure to Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on LG Optimus 4X HD :
- In order to install custom recovery, your phone must be rooted. If you have not rooted it already, follow the guide mentioned here.
- Download latest version of clockworkmod recovery from the Official development page (link is given below).
- Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for LG Optimus 4X HD
- Extract the zip file to obtain ‘LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v***.apk’ file.
- Connect your phone to PC, enable mass storage mode on it & transfer ‘LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v***.apk’ file to your device’s SD card memory.
- Download ES File Explorer from Play shop (You can also use your existing file manager).
- Now browse for the file you have copied earlier. Tap to install it. Now it will install the app which we will let you flash CWM on your phone.
- After installation of the app is finished, Restart the phone (It is required as app may fails to install CWM otherwise).
- As soon as phone gets restarted, launch the app called LG 4X Recovery.
- Click on ‘Install 4X Recovery’ button. If prompted for root access by the superuser, select Allow/Grant option so as to continue with the installation of clockworkmod recovery.
- After successful installation of recovery, press ‘Recovery Boot’ option to boot the phone in recovery mode (Clockworkmod Recovery).
That’s it !! by this time you have successfully installed custom recovery (CWM) on your LG Optimus 4X HD which can be used further for flashing the custom ROMs & hack made for your device. Happy Custom ROM flashing !!