One of the best feature of Android smartphone is that you can install custom / modified OS over the stock one and for that you need to have a custom recovery installed in your Android smartphone. Most of the users use Clockworkmod recovery for this but for Motorola RAZR phones, Safetrap Recovery does the Job. Safestrap recovery is the modified version of famous TWRP recovery to match the requirements of Motorola devices. It is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones and doesn’t touch your phone’s primary partition.
By using the Safestrap recovery, you can perform nandroid backup / restore your current ROM 5-6x times faster than any other recovery. It has got all the features of TWRP recovery and is used to install the custom OS (also called Custom Mod / ROM). In this recovery, Custom ROM installation is slightly different than ordinary recoveries i.e, Custom ROMs needs to get flashed by creating the ROM-slots of 1/2/3 GB.
Read on further to know how to install Safestrap recovery on your Motorola smartphone.
Disclaimer: Steps given in this article are considered as risky and may cause damage to your tab. It is highly recommended that you should not follow it unless you are aware with these things. Follow this article completely at your own risk. We wont be held liable for any damage caused to your device while attempting these steps.
The guide is compatible only with the following devices:
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
- Motorola Droid BIONIC
- Motorola DROID 4
Implementing it on any other device other than mentioned above may result in permanent hardware failure of the device.
- Charge your smartphone up to 60% battery level so that the installation process won’t get interrupted.
- Before you can install Safestrap recovery, ensure that you’ve rooted your phone.
Procedure to Install Safestrap Recovery on Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX / BIONIC / DROID 4:
- Download Safestrap recovery apk file from the link given below:
- Safestrap Recovery 3.xx
- Navigate to apk file (you’ve downloaded) using file manager like ES File Explorer or Root Explorer. Open it & click on install to install the file normally.
- Once the Safestrap app is installed, open it normally like you do for the other apps.
- Agree to the disclaimer that popups as soon as you open the app.
- Select Install Recovery button to start installation of the custom recovery. You should see the current version down in the lower left corner of the screen. And the Status: should say Installed when youre done.
- Now using the app, reboot phone. You will see the splash screen during boot up. While the splash screen is showing, you can boot into Safestrap recovery using Menu button.
That’s it!! Safestrap recovery based on TWRP is now successfully installed on your Motorola Android smartphone. Let us know if you’ve any query regarding the procedure, we’ll try our best to sort out your issue..