Google recently unveiled their edition of Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Both phones have same specifications as their international variants. Only thing that differs is OS. International variant of Galaxy S4 comes with Samsung’s own TouchWiz NatureX UI interface while Google Play edition of S4 ships with pure Android Vanilla interface. Moreover, it has built in LTE support for accessing faster internet connection.
People are so excited to try out these newly variants to see experience latest Android 4.3. But you know what, if you’ve just bought a LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 i.e, GT-I9505, you’re a lucky person. Why? Because, Android 4.3 is successfully ported to your device. It’s working perfectly without any issues. Guys over at SamMobile.com have managed to port this build to their Galaxy S4 I9505 and they got succeed in doing so. So, all credits goes to them. Other than porting, they haven’t changed anything from the package. It’s 100% unmodified version of Android 4.3.
Remember, this package is not flashable through Odin (like you usually do). you’ll need a Custom Recovery like CWM to install the same. Well, don’t worry, we have prepared a detailed guide upon it. So, let’s checkout the procedure required for flashing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505.
Disclaimer: We at AndroidLegend.com don’t held any responsibility if you brick your phone by performing the steps mentioned below. After all, it’s your decision to flash Android 4.3 on your Galaxy S4 I9505. You’ve been warned. So, please proceed with your own risk. Although the chances of failure are very low.
This tutorial is meant only for LTE Variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 having model number GT-I9505. Don’t try to implement it on any other device else it may turn your device in semi bricked state.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level so that you can flash ROM without any interruption.
- Your phone data will get lost after installation of this ROM (excluding External storage like SD card). Therefore, it is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.).
- (Important) It is necessary to have Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod / TWRP installed in your phone for flashing ported Android 4.3 ROM. If you haven’t installed one yet, follow this guide.
Note: You can’t proceed to ROM installation unless you’ve CWM recovery installed in your Galaxy S4 LTE.
- Download desired Android 4.3 package from the links mentioned below:
- Odexed Android 4.3 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE
- Deodexed Android 4.3 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE
- After downloading Android 4.3 ROM package, connect your device to the PC. Enable mass storage mode on it to access internal storage & transfer Android 4.3 ROM file on its root directory (or anywhere you want. We have mentioned ‘root directory’ because it’s convenient to access).
- Disconnect the phone from PC. Now boot into Clockworkmod recovery. For doing that, switch off the phone completely. Now press & hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key together till recovery mode shows up.
- After getting into recovery, make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that the same can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, Highlight backup and restore option from the main menu of recovery, select it & then choose backup option to start the backup process.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & subsequently wipe cache partition to wipe the data & caches respectively from the phone memory. (Caution! performing this step will erase all the data from phone (ROM memory), which includes SMS / MMS, contacts, reminders, APNs, call logs, apps etc. therefore ensure that you’ve taken backup of all these things before).
- Now select install zip from sdcard & then on next screen select, choose zip from sdcard. It will show you all the files & folders located on internal storage of your device. Navigate to the ROM file (which you’ve copied earlier from Computer), select it using power button (unless you’re using touch CWM) & confirm the installation by pressing on Yes. This should start installing the ROM.
- After you finish flashing the ROM file, select “reboot system now” to Restart the phone.
Voila! Android 4.3 is now up and running on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE. If you’ve any queries or need help regarding the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask us in comments & we’ll help you to solve your issue as soon as possible. Don’t forget to report new changes in Android 4.3. We’d be pleased to hear from you. Enjoy..
Tip: If you don’t want this ROM anymore then you always have an option to restore your previous ROM. This can be done by using CMW’s backup & restore feature. To restore the previous ROM, boot into the recovery mode, select Backup and Restore option & on next screen, select restore. Now choose the backup you like to restore (or restore the backup you’ve made before flashing this ROM).