The last official firmware released by Samsung for the LTE variant of Galaxy Mega 6.3 was based on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version XXUAMH1. But there were many issues claimed by mega users regarding this update due to its buggy features. Though it was not much stable, many users had to rely on it since it was with the latest version. Many thought of rooting their phone and installing the Custom ROM but the fact that Custom ROMs too have many bugs changed their mind. For all those users a stable variant of Android 4.2.2 for Galaxy Mega 6.3 is available now. This present update comes with no issues and is much better than the previous one.
Note that as this is an official update rolled out by Samsung so there are no chances of losing your device warranty. Also as this is OTA update, the same will work on both rooted as well as un-rooted devices. The manual update is necessary because this OTA firmware is released gradually or the new updates are not easily available for all markets but are only for limited ones.
For those interested ones who want to install Android 4.2.2 firmware on their Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 follow the step wise instructions given below.
This update of flashing Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is considered to be of much risk and can highly damage your device if not done properly. So read this article very clearly and attempt each step wisely. Do this at your own risk. Neither we nor the developers are responsible if your mobile is crashed or anything happens to your device. Even though the chances of getting you device damaged or crashed are very low but still we strongly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below. Don’t try to apply anything by your own.
The Android 4.2.2 update given below is compatible only and only with Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE model number I9205. So don’t even think of flashing it on any other device as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. Check your phones model number and compare it with the given number. If its matched then you can proceed further otherwise it’s wise to quit the process. You can verify the given number with your device’s model number from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About Phone.
- Charge the battery of your device at least up to 80% for avoiding the interruption of process due to low battery life. For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Before proceeding further it is always better to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card or on your PC since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, use this article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, use this article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- For getting your device recognized while connecting via USB cable, it is must that you install the appropriate device drivers in your PC. If you don’t have then download it from here.
- Temporarily disable all the security related software like anti-virus or windows firewall as they might interrupt the process.
- Download the XXUAMH2 firmware from the link given below:
- Click here to download (Mirror #1 – Thanks to Carina)
- Download the Odin Multi downloader from the given link below:
- Click here to download
- For flashing any firmware, the safest software preferred is Odin which must be installed on to your PC. Let it be Stock update, Custom ROM or just a kernel basically you can do everything you want on your device with Odin Multi Downloader. This is an official tool developed by Samsung so no need to worry about bricking your device.
- After downloading the Firmware package given above which is a zip format file, extract it in your PC through Winrar. You’ll receive a .tar.md5 extension file along with some other files (optional).
- After doing everything as mentioned above, just switch off your device. So now you need to boot your device into downloading mode which can be done by holding the Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously until a construction Android robot along with a yellow triangle appears. This means that you have correctly entered into downloading mode.
- Install the Odin in your PC that you’ve downloaded earlier. Launch it and connect your device (which is in download mode) using the USB cable.
- Odin will try to recognize your device. If it gets properly connected, a message saying Added!! will appear in Odin. Along with that the ID:COM section located at the top left will be turned Blue with a random COM port number appearing below it. If any problem arises or your device is not properly recognized by the Odin, just install the device drivers or Samsung USB drivers from the link provided earlier.
- Once everything works perfectly as explained, select PDA tab from Odin. Browse to the firmware file (.tar.md5) and select it. Keep all the remaining options in the Odin as they are. Just note that the re-partition and f.reset time options are unchecked.
- Now hit the Start button to begin the flashing process of Official Android 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205.
- It will not take more than 10 minutes to complete the flashing process. Be patient and don’t touch the USB cable. In this mean time your device will get rebooted automatically.
- As soon as the flashing successfully completes, you’ll get a message saying Pass!! above the ID:COM section with a green colored background.
- Safely unplug the USB cable from your PC. If the process fails or if Odin gets stuck don’t panic, just attempt the above whole procedure again.
- Again switch off your device either by power button or by removing the battery directly. So further you need to boot your device into Recovery mode which can be done by holding the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously until you land into recovery mode.
- When entered into Recovery, you’ll notice that touch won’t work here. So use Volume up/down keys to navigate and Home button for selection.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition for wiping the data and caches respectively from the phone memory. This step is strongly recommended as it will clear the boot loop issue.
- After that, simply restart your device by pressing the reboot system now from the recovery mode itself. Note that the device will take more time to restart than usual.
Yoyo! Official firmware XXUAMH2 Jelly Bean running on the latest Android 4.2.2 version has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205. If you have rooted your device and want your warranty back or if the current Custom ROM is much of bugs and issues then definitely go for this firmware. Do test this update on your device and don’t forget to share your views and opinions regarding the same. If you have any kind of difficulty, trouble or have any issue with this stuff then don’t hesitate to inform us. Just drop your problem through the comments given below and we, the members of androidlegend.com will sort out them giving you the exact solution as soon as possible.