New Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM called EaglesBlood is out for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM variant). This ROM is built from latest Jelly Bean firmware JRO03L. Therefore it’s obvious to have all the JB features inside it. It also includes a modified kernel (custom kernel) for better performance & longer battery life. This is not enough, there is a customizable feature packed inside the ROM called EB¢ Options which can be used to modify several parameters & settings. Thanks to EaglesBlood team for presenting such an awesome ROM.
Read on further to learn how to install EaglesBlood ROM on your Galaxy Nexus.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your phone. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device we won’t be held liable for it.
Please note that, this update is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus having model number GT-i9250. DON’T try this on other variants of the same or on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Pre-Requisites before installing EaglesBlood ROM:
- Enable USB Debugging option in your phone which can be found out here : “Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device upto 60% battery level so that installation procedure won’t be interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from phone memory, which includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.
(Important) Your device must have unlocked bootloader & custom recovery installed. To unlock bootloader follow this guide & for installing Custom Recovery, follow the given here.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 with EaglesBlood ROM :
- Download latest version of EaglesBlood ROM from the Eaglesblood downloads page (link is mentioned below) :
- EaglesBlood ROM for Galaxy Nexus i9250
- (Optional) Download Google Add-on Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which need to be flashed manually, as they are not included in the ROM by default.
Google Apps (Jelly Bean).
- After downloading ROM package & Google Apps, connect your device to Computer. Enable mass storage mode on your phone. Now copy both the files to your device’s internal SD card (Don’t extract any of the file).
- Disconnect the phone from computer.
- Now you need to boot in Recovery mode, To execute recovery mode, switch off the phone completely (until it vibrates), Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key together until recovery appears (you can release power button after Samsung logo but keep holding other two).
- It is highly recommended to take a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back (in case if anything goes wrong). To backup your current ROM, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select backup. Now It will make a nandroid backup of your whole system (excluding SD card). Wait for the backup process to get finished.
- Select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Now Select “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode.
- Again select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard & this time navigate Google apps package file (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip). Press on Yes to install Google Apps.
- After flashing both the files, Select reboot system now to Restart the phone.
That’s it !! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 JRO03L via EaglesBlood custom ROM. For further updates keep visiting theEaglesblood downloads page & if you need any assistance, feel free to comment below.
Tip: Just in case if you want to revert back to your previous ROM (which you have backup earlier), enter into recovery mode (mentioned above), from the main menu, select Backupand Restore option & on next screen, select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.