After Samsung’s great success with their Galaxy Series of mobile phones now their Tablets are also doing great in the market. It all started out with their first Tablet, Galaxy Tab 8.9 which came with on board Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Now it has been updated to 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. But still no Jelly Bean update for a Tab having such promising features like1 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB RAM.
So the only option you have got is custom ROMs. Active development for this device is going very well. A lot of ROMs based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean are available for it, but you must have a custom recovery installed to enjoy those ROMs.
Clockworkmod recovery is most famous custom recovery amongst all custom recoveries. With the help of this Recovery you can do various things like flashing custom ROMs and other MODs, backup your current ROM, restore previous ROMs, fix application permissions etc. After installing CWM recovery you can enjoy all these features on your own device. Read on further to learn how to install Clockworkmod Recovery on Galaxy Tab 8.9:
Disclaimer:The following article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your tablet. Do not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. For any damage cause to your device due to this process, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
The procedure given below in this article is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9bearing model numbers P7300, P7310. Don’t try to flash it on any other Tablet or variant.
- Ensure that tablet is charged at least up to70%so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- After installing recovery on your Tab, all data on the Tab gets vanished permanently. So it is recommended that you should backup your important data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Drivers for your device must be installed on computer. If you have installed Kies on computer you don’t need to install it separately. Click here to download drivers.
Procedure to install Clockworkmod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9:
- Download package of Clockworkmod Recovery for your Tablet from link given below.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Odin multi downloader 3.07 and then extract the zip file on your computer. Odin software is a tool through which we are flashing recovery.
- Click here to download.
- Switch off your Tablet and boot it into downloading mode. For that press and hold Volume down + Power button simultaneously until you see downloading message on the screen. (You can release the power button after Tab vibrates but keep pressing other two buttons.)
- Now connect device to computer through USB cable.
- Launch Odin software on which you have installed earlier. After proper connection of your device to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned yellow. Added message will also appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get such a message make sure that you have installed drivers properly.
- Then click PDA button and select CODE file (ClockworkMod_Recovery_v188.8.131.52.tar)
- Important! In Odin do not make any other changes except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. Make sure you have not checked Re-partition box by mistake.
- Hit on Start button to flash the recovery on your device. It will take few minutes for flashing the Clockworkmod recovery on Tab. In the end, your Tab will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you device get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect it from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
There you go! You have successfully installed Clockworkmod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Now you can flash and enjoy various custom ROMs using this recovery. You can ask any doubts related to article via comments. We are glad to help you out.