The Clockworkmod recovery and TWRP recovery allows you to install custom ROMs and supported scripts. XDA forum member cybrnookhas released latest and improved version of Clockworkmod recovery and TWRP recovery for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 which is flashable through Samsungs Odin software. These recoveries allow you to install custom ROMs & hacks on your device with much faster speed.
In this tutorial we have given simple and easy steps to install Clockworkmod recovery and TWRP recovery on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. TWRP has much better user interface and some more features than CWM. You can choose any one of the recovery for your device.
Disclaimer: Steps given in this tutorial are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Do not follow this guide if you are not aware of all these things. We cant be held guilty for any damage or problems caused to your device due to following these steps.
Caution: This tutorial is given only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing a model number SPH-L710. It is not applicable to any other device. Attempting these steps to other phone may cause damage to it.
- Your device is at least charged up to 70% so that recovery installation process will not be interrupted.
- It is recommended to take a backup of important data like messages, contacts, memo, APN etc.
Steps to install Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710:
- Install phone drivers on your computer.
- Click here to download drivers.
- Download Odin 3.07 software on your computer.
- Click here to download
- Download Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery file from official developers page.
- Click here to download (Update: Download Clockworkmod 188.8.131.52)
- Now turn off your device and boot into the download mode. For this, press and hold Volume down + power key + Home key simultaneously until you get Warning!! message on your screen. Then press Volume up button to enter into the Download mode. A green Android robot will appear on your screen along with Downloading message.
- Now open Odin software on your computer.
- Connect your mobile to computer through USB cable. After successful installation of drivers Odin will show Added!! message in the message box present at the bottom.
- Click on the PDA button and select .tar file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that you haven’t clicked any other button in Odin.
- Now click Start button to flash Clockworkmod recovery/TWRP recovery on your mobile. After successful installation of recovery, your device will reboot automatically. You will get Pass message along with green background on Odins message box. Now unplug the device from Computer.
- If Odin gets stuck or if Fail message is appeared on screen then disconnect your phone, close Odin, remove battery, re-insert it and repeat the above process.
That’s it!! Clockworkmod recovery/ TWRP recovery is now installed on your device. Enjoy flashing custom ROMs.