Samsung recently unveiled the Duos version of Galaxy S in India. But its Android development has already been started. Soon you will get different ROMs based on latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S. But without custom Recovery, it is impossible to flash it on your mobile.
One the most loved custom recovery- Clockworkmod recovery, better known as CWM, is now available for Samsung Galaxy S Duos. Thanks to XDA member vikassaini01 for bringing it for you. This will allow you not only to flash custom ROMs but also to perform advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations which arent possible with stock recovery.
Simple and easy procedure is mentioned in the about how to install Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos. Please read further to follow it.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the following article are considered as risky and may cause damage to your device. If you are not aware of all these things please do not follow this article. We will not be responsible for any damage cause to your device.
This article is intended only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. Implementing these steps to any other mobile or variant might give you unwanted results.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process will not get interrupted due to lack of power.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your computer. If you havent installed it yet click here to download it.
Procedure to Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562:
- First download Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
- Click here to download.
- Download and install Odin v1.85 on your computer.
- Click here to download.
- Now for booting your device into downloading mode switch off the mobile. Then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until you get Downloading message on your screen.
- Connect your mobile to PC via USB cable.
- Launch Odin software installed on your computer. You will get added!! Message in Odins message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed proper drivers on the PC.
- Now click PDA button on the Odin software. Select recovery.tar file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked. Dont click anywhere in the Odin.
- Click the Start button to start flashing of recovery. It will take few minutes. After some time your mobile get rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box. This suggests that Clockworkmod Recovery is successfully installed in your mobile.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Thats it! Clockworkmod Recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos. You can boot into this recovery by pressing Volume up + Volume down + home button + Power Button. Enjoy flashing latest ROMs. You can share your views about this article below.