In the smartphone market or in any market you can say there is trend of ‘series‘ of products. When a product goes hit in market, the manufacturer comes up with its updated version or its variants. And this process continues. And as a result you have a range of products. Many such series are famous in smartphone world.
HTC Desire is very famous series of HTC which is a Taiwanese smartphone manufacturing company. It was very popular in the market. Though not the flagships, but series has progressed with some amazing phones like Desire, Desire S etc. And now currently the latest phone of this series is HTC Desire X. Loaded with excellent it has quite affordable price tag.
HTC phones are very popular for their wide variety of available development. Variety of ROMs offer you a great extent of customizations. But before you go for ROMs you must have custom recovery installed on your phone.
Clockworkmod recovery is the most famous recovery amongst all. And now a touch CWM recovery is available for HTC Desire X. It offers you all great features like flashing files, backup/restore function, clearing Data/Cache etc. Additionally being touch recovery you don’t have to use hardware keys in recovery. It’s a smooth experience.
Now you are just steps away from having it installed on your phone. Just follow the steps below to get CWM Touch installed on your HTC Desire X.
Procedure mentioned in the following article is considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. We strongly recommend that you read the complete article first before executing them on your phone and be careful while doing them. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
This procedure is strictly applicable for HTC Desire X only. Don’t try to flash it on any other mobile or variant otherwise permanent damage might be caused.
Please confirm your device’s model number before you proceed further. You can check it by following this path on your phone: Home Screen –> Menu –> Settings –> About device.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level. This step will ensure uninterrupted installation procedure.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- As all the data on the mobile gets wiped during installation of ROM, you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory. Just follow guides given below to do a complete backup.
- How to Backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS / MMS).
- How to Backup whole ROM / Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) Recovery
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can unlock it by going on official website of HTC namely htcdev.com
- You must have mobile drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t have them download them from here to install them.
- To start with flashing procedure,you will require fastboot files. Here is the link from which you download fastboot files for your device.
- Second thing which you will require is the image file of Clockworkmod recovery. You can download it from Official development page
- Now you are ready to go. Let’s begin with actual flashing procedure. First, Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now You need to enter into the fastboot mode. But before you enter fastboot mode, you have to boot into bootloader mode first. And the first step is switch off your phone.
- Now, hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button. (Use Volume Up/Down to go up/down & Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder (Which contains fastboot files that you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now transfer/copy the image file of recovery which you have downloaded earlier in this folder.
- Now to use fastboot commands, you have to open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder. To do so, go into fastboot folder in which you have fastboot files and recovery image. Now holding the shift button on your keyboard, press right click button. A menu as shown in image below will appear. Now click on Open command window here.
- On your screen a command prompt window will appear as shown below which will have it’s directory pointed to fastboot folder. So now you can use all fastboot commands in this window
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices(After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesn’t appear then you need to install HTC Sync software to install essential drivers for your Device).
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom CWM recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-protou.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, You’ll get finished/OK message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type fastboot reboot command in the same command prompt window.
- You’ve now successfully installed custom Clockworkmod recovery on your HTC Desire X. To enter into CWM recovery, do the following steps :
- Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the Clockworkmod recovery by using Power Key. You’ll be landed into custom CWM Recovery.
Great Job!! You have successfully installed CWM recovery on your HTC Desire X. Now you can flash latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Do report us how it is working for you through comments. And if you have any difficulty, feel free to ask them below. We will hep you