A couple of years ago when Samsung released Galaxy Note, first model in the phablet range, most of the people raised their eyebrows after watching it’s 5 inches screen. But after getting an overwhelming response, Samsung came up with its successor as Note 2 which has a 5.5 inches screen. And no wonder that it became popular overnight.
Other manufacturer also brought their models in this phablet war. But they were unable to stand against the likes of Note and Note 2. And later on Samsung decided to bring a whole new series of phablet, Mega. As its name suggest it has got a mega screens. One comes with 5.8 inches screen and other with 6.3 inches. The later one also has a HD resolution which makes a perfect electronic gadget to watch movies.
As expected it has latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. But the users who likes to catch up with latest technology will never get satisfied with this one. After all Android is open source system and so many hacking stuffs are available for it. And the first step of hacking or Android development is rooting your device which gives access to system files and next one installing custom recovery.
Of course if you want latest Android OS updates unofficially you have to do this things first. In order to root your phablet, you should install Clockworkmod recovery first. This custom recovery will replace your conventional recovery with CWM one. With this recovery you can take nandroid backup of complete system, fix permissions, partition your sdcard and most importantly can flash custom ROMs. Unlike the previous versions of CWM, this version is touch enabled. So you don’t need to use volume keys for navigation,
After flashing recovery you can root your device as per steps given below. Rooting will help you to remove unnecessary apps. Also you might have found that many apps requires root permission to run them. So this will definitely solve your problem.
So just go ahead and follow few simple steps to install clockworkmod recovery and root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205.
The procedure written ahead is considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is better that you don’t go for it if you are unaware of this fact. Read the article thoroughly before executing the steps. We are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This article is strictly intended for Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE variant with model number I9205. Dont execute these steps even on I9200 or on other variant. Check your model number.
Settings-> about device -> Model number
Note: Installing CWM and rooting mobile are illegal processes and therefore voids the warranty. So think before proceeding further. (Of course it can be restored.)
- Dont forget to charge the mobile at least up to 70% in order to avoid any interruption due to low battery.
- Take a backup of data on the internal memory like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as data might get wiped during the installation.
- Install mobile drivers on your computer. Click here to download it.
- Download CWM touch recovery for Galaxy Mega from official development page.
- Click here to download.
- Also you will need Odin multi downloader v3.07 to flash this .tar.md5 file. Download and install it on your computer.
- Click here to download.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot into downloading mode or Odin mode. For that press volume down + home + power button simultaneously until you boot into downloading mode.
- Connect your mobile to PC using USB cable.
- Open Odin multi downloader tool which you have installed earlier. You will get Added!! message in Odin’s message box
- You will also see that one of your ID:COM section is turned blue or green.
- If this doesn’t happen, make sure that you have installed proper drivers on your computer.
- Click PDA button select .tar.md5 file.
- Check auto reboot and Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Make sure that you havent clicked anywhere else.
- Finally click o Start button to execute installation. It will take few minutes for installation and in the end your phone gets rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However, it might happen that due to some reason phone gets stuck and the fail message will appear in Odins message box. In that case disconnect mobile, remove and re-insert battery and then repeat the above procedure again.
Settings-> Developers options -> USB debugging
- First, download Update-SuperSU-v1.34.zip from the following link.
- Click here to download.
- After downloading this file, connect your mobile to computer and copy it to the external memory card.
- Now disconnect the device from PC and switched it off and boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up + home + power button simultaneously.
- In recovery mode select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. A list of files from the sdcard will appear in front of you.
- Navigate to the Update-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file. Select and confirm it in next step.
- It will take few minutes for installation and finally you will see recovery menu again.
- Do not wipe data or cache partitions in the recovery mode. Otherwise it might erase data from your mobile.
- Finally select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done!! You’ve successfully installed CWM and rooted your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205. Now you can flash any custom ROM in your mobile. Don’t hesitate to ask your queries regarding article. We are always there to assist you.
Tip: For booting into recovery mode, switch off your mobile and then press and hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you boot into recovery mode. You can take nandroid backup by selecting backup & restore and then backup.