Updated version of famous Clockworkmod Recovery is now available for LG optimus GT540. Thanks to XDA Senior member despotovski01 who has made it possible. Clockworkmod Recovery 6 can backup/restore ROMs 4-5% faster than before. This is not enough, there is one more feature that every one would like to have. This version adds incremental backup when you backup the existing ROM i.e no need to backup the same ROM again & again. Backup size can be around 15-20 MB.
This guide will help you to install latest version of clockworkmod recovery on your LG Optimus GT540..
Disclaimer : The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor Cyanogenmod team should be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with LG Optimus Swift which bears model number GT540. Please dont try it on any other device or it may result in hard bricked phone.
Procedure To Install Custom Recovery (CWM) On LG Optimus GT540 :
- Firstly you need to download these two files which are mentioned below:
Fastboot Files For LG Optimus GT540. | 404.46 KB
- Clockworkmod Recovery 6
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Switch off the device completely, Press & hold Camera button + Power Button to achieve fastboot mode.
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the ‘Fastboot‘ folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see ‘Open Command window here‘ option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected.
- Transfer/Copy therecovery file file to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom clockworkmod recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery_cwm6_swift.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, You’ll get finished/OKAY message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type “fastboot reboot” command in the same command prompt windows.
- You’ve now successfully flashed/installed custom clockworkmod recovery on your LG Optimus Gt540. To enter into clockworkmod recovery, do the following steps :
- Switch off the phone completely, hold & press Home Button + Power Key simultaneously. You’ll be landed into custom Clockworkmod Recovery.
Congratulations ! You’ve successfully installed custom CWM Recovery. Now you can flash any custom ROMs & other hacks that requires CWM. If you need any help while flashing custom recovery, comment it below. We will be there to help you as soon as possible..