Recently Samsung unleashed the LTE variant of their flagship device Galaxy S3. It has all the specifications of base model besides it supports LTE network and has Android 4.1 Jelly bean pre-installed. Still there are people who prefer custom ROMs over the stock one. For that you will need a custom recovery.
A simple procedure is given to install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.
Disclaimer: The steps given in the following article are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please do not follow the steps if you are not familiar with these things. We are not responsible if any damage is caused to your device.
The given article is intended only for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE with model number GT-i9305. Applying these steps to any other device or any other variant of Galaxy S3 may result in undesired outcomes.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that installation process will not get interrupted.
- It is better to take backup of all important data of your mobile such as SMS, MMS, APN, memo, contacts etc. to the external microSD card since it will get vanish permanently during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your computer. If you don’t have driver file, you can download Samsung Kies from here which will automatically detect your device & install drivers for the same.
Procedure to Install Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE:
- Download CWM package for your device.
- Click here to download
- Download and install Odin 3.04 on your PC.
- Click here to download
- Next step is to get into the downloading mode of your device. For that, first switch off your phone then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously for a while until it shows Downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Now we have to flash this recovery into the phone through Odin software. Hence connect your mobile to computer through USB cable and launch Odin software installed on your computer. You will see Added!! Message appeared in message box of Odin. If you dont get such message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly.
- Click PDA button on Odin and select recovery.tar.md5 file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that you are not making any changes in Odin.
- Now click Start button for flashing recovery in your device. Installation will take a few seconds and after successful installation your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Congrats! Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-i9305. Now your mobile is ready to flash latest custom ROMs. Enjoy..