Samsung Galaxy S Plus, a successor of Samsung Galaxy S was launched almost 2 years ago. But still, many users are having this phone and are appreciating the model. But, as this model is not integrated with high hardware specifications, Samsung will never give Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for this model. Don’t worry! You can update your Samsung Galaxy S Plus to the latest version of Android OS i.e. KitKat manually with the help of custom ROMs.
EHNDROIX V is one of the best ROMs which will update your phone to Android KitKat and will install a lot of good features and applications to your phone. EHNDROIX V is an aftermarket firmware based on CyanogenMod 11 created by Nitro-developers. This ROM has been optimized to ensure maximum fluidity and at the same time good battery life. Also, the ROM comes with better launchers, themes and other productivity apps.
- Android 4.4.2 Kitkat with FluidUI 4.7
- Based on latest CM 11
- Official bootanimation
- Update the ROM directly from the device
- Nova Launcher
- Exclusive Google apps called Ehndrogapps
- DashClock lockscreen notifications
- Fully customizable quick settings with a new interface
- Tweaks designed for a very smooth system eperience
- Tweaks designed to give better battery life
- Ads free applications
- Improved user experience with Ehndraddon
- Send messages with exclusive Ehndroix app which is having a very attractive look and good features
- Fantastic wallpapers
- Perfectly working GPS
- Wide range of ringtones, notification tones and alarm tones
- Titanium backup to backup the important data
- And many more
After installing this ROM, you will get a smooth and sleek experience with improved features and apps. The detailed procedure about how to install this ROM to you handset is given below.
Please note that – though screenshots are displayed on other phone, EHNDROIX V ROM looks similar on Galaxy S Plus.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in this article are risky and can permanently damage your phone. So, it is requested that you should not follow this article if you are not aware of these procedures. Please carefully read the article before making any changes. Neither we nor the developer is responsible for any kind of damage to your phone. This ROM is only for the model Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 and don’t try to install it on the other models.
- Keep your phone’s battery charged, minimum 60 %, so that the installation will proceed without any interruption
- Take backup of all the important data on your device such as Contacts, SMS, MMS, APN lists, EFS folder, etc. to the external memory card as all the data on the phone might get vanished during the procedure.
- How to backup Contacts and SMS from your Android device.
- How to backup APNs, EFS, Logs from your Android device.
- Don’t try to flash this ROM with Stock Recovery. Install any latest custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP for flashing the ROM.
- First of all, make sure that your phone is rooted and you are having any custom recovery.
- Download all the files given in the Downloads Section given in this post and copy those files to your device. Don’t extract them.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode. For this switch off the phone and then press and hold home + power + volume up buttons simultaneously.
- It is recommended that you should take a NANDROID backup which might be useful in future if anything goes wrong.
- Click on ‘wipe data/factory reset‘. Also wipe dalvik cache.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard‘ and select the file ‘EHNDROIX_V_14.5.19_GT-I9001.zip‘ to flash the ROM. ROM will be installed automatically. This might take several minutes.
Note: For Google Apps, Nitro-X bootanimation and other Add-ons, flash download file 2,3 & 4 using the same way as ROM installation.
- After installation, you will see the recovery menu again. Now, reboot your phone normally. First booting of the device will take several minutes.
- If you get stuck in boot loops, then try to flash the ROM again OR boot into recovery mode. Select ‘mount and storage’ -> ‘format /system’ and ‘format/data’ and then flash the ROM again.
- After restart, if you are having any force close errors, then ‘wipe data’ again or if available use ‘fix permissions’ option (in recovery mode).
- Now enjoy new, smooth and fully loaded features of KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S Plus.
Tip: If you don’t like the ROM or you are not comfortable with the ROM, then no need to worry. You can easily go back to the previous ROM just by entering into Recovery Mode and selecting backup and restore option followed by clicking the restore button and choose the latest backup you are having.
Please give reviews about the ROM and feel free to ask any queries.
For more info of this ROM, refer this thread on XDA.