Micromax A116 Canvas HD is the successor to the company’s popular budget phablet, the A110 Canvas 2. Micromax has bestowed the phone with a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz frequency, 5 inches 720p LCD screen with pixel density around 320 ppi, 1 GB of internal RAM and 4 GB of internal memory (1.77 GB user available).
The device is quite powerful and can run most of the resource greedy games without lagging. You can enjoy all these games on your device. But unfortunately the limited internal storage (1.77 GB) of the device limits the number of games you can install simultaneously on your device. Normally the high-end games are over 1 GB size. Even though you have lot of space on your external sd-card you can’t install these games on sd-card. This can be resolved if you swap internal and external SD card. To do so, follow all the steps mentioned below.
- You need to have root access on your device.
- Install Root Explorer or ES File Explorer or any file manager with which you can access the system partition. Below steps are given for Root Explorer.
- Make sure your device is at least 70% charged to avoid complications during the process.
- Open your preferred file manager and mount the system partition as read-write instead of read only. Grant superuser access when it prompts.
- Now replace the vold.fstab file present in /system/etc/ of your device with the above downloaded file.
- Long click on the vold.fstab file and tap on “Permissions”. Change permissions as shown in the picture below.
- Reboot your device. Now your sd-card will be listed as your phone storage.
That’s it! You’ve successfully increased / swapped your device’s internal storage. If you’ve any doubts regarding above procedure then don’t hesitate to ask them in the comment section below.