Samsung’s latest Galaxy Note 2 is now out there in market so wait is over for a lot of people who are willing to have it . And now developers have started developing Custom Recoveries, Custom ROMs and other hacks for this flagship device of Samsung. Now HyperNote ROM based on XXALJ3 firmware is ported for Galaxy Note 2, thanks to Senior XDA memberkristofpetho.
This is a small and superfast ROM. ROM is made slim by removing unnecessary bloat including Apps, Resources etc. You get more free RAM for RAM hungry apps. It is pre-rooted and deodexed. Plus you get longer battery life.
Further in this article simple steps are given to install HyperNote ROM.
Disclaimer: The procedure discussed further in this article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your phone. You should not go for it if you are unaware of things discussed in it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
This guide is applicable only forSamsungGalaxy Note 2having model numberN7100. Trying it on other variants of Note 2 or on any other device, can cause damage to your phone.
- Charge your phone up to 70% battery level so that the installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Dont forget to backup your all important data from the phone memory such as contacts, SMS/MMS, call log etc. since all these things will get erase during the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
(Important)For flashing this ROM, your phone must have custom recovery likeClockworkmodorTWRPinstalled on it. If you dont have one, follow the guides to install them from links given below.
Procedure to Upgrade Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with HyperNote ROM based on XXALJ3 Firmware:
- Once you download this ROM package connect your phone to PC and transfer it to external SD card and do not extract it.
- Disconnect the phone from computer. Now boot into the recovery mode. To do so, turn off the phone completely (until it vibrates). Press & holdVolume Up + Home button + Power Keytogether until recovery mode appears (you can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until you are in recovery mode).
- Once you are in recovery mode, first thing you need to do is take a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case if anything goes wrong. To backup your current ROM, selectBackup and Restoreoption from the recovery menu & on next screen, selectbackup. Now It will make a nandroid backup of your whole system (excludingSD card). Wait until thebackup processto get finished.
- Selectwipe data/factory reset&wipe cache partitionto wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Now Select install zip from sdcard & then choose zip from sdcard. Select the ROM file from the location where youve copied it earlier & selecting on Yes, confirm the installation.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode.
- Now you are ready, Selectreboot system nowto restart the phone and boot into HyperNote ROM.
Note:If you want to go back to your previous ROM, you can do so by entering into the recovery mode. In recovery, selectBackup and Restoreoption & on next screen, selectrestore.Now select the backup you want to restore.
Great!!! Your Galaxy Note 2 is now running HyperNote custom ROM. Visit source page for latest information and updates and do let us know how the ROM is working for you through comments.