Recently Samsung Rolled Out New ICS 4.0.3 Firmware For Sasmung Galaxy SII I9100 Device Which is Dubbed As “XWLPD” And This Latest Update of ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD Firmware Can Be Rooted Just Like Firmwares Released Before The XWLPD Update.In Due Course of Article, We Will See That How Can You Root & Install Custom Recovery On your Device Running Latest ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD.
Note: As Rooting Voids Warranty of The Device, You Should Root Your Device At Your Own Risk.(Warranty Can Be Gained Back By Flashing Any Stock Firmware).
So Lets Head To The Rest of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Rooting XWLPD Firmware.
- Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 Running ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Chainfire will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, You Can Now proceed to Further Article where we will check How To Root ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD & Install Custom Recovery On It. .
Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 Running ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
Rooting Package For Galaxy SII Running ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD Firmware.
Odin Multi Downloader.
- Extract Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD Rooting Package Files.You’ll Find CF-Root-SGS2_XX_NEE_LPD-v5.4-CWM5.tar File After Extracting The Rooting Package.As tar File Looks Like zip File, Do Not Extract It Again.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button+Menu Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_NEE_LPD-v5.4-CWM5.tar” File.
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Finishes. As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green With The Message “Pass”.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
There You Go, By This Time You Have Successfully Rooted & Installed Custom Recovery (CWM Recovery) On Your Galaxy SII I9100 Running Latest ICS 4.0.3 XWLPD Firmware.In Case If You Face Any Difficult While Rooting Your Device, Do Let Me Know In Comments As I Will try To Solve It As Quickly As Possible.