Samsung Galaxy S Advancehas recently received Jelly Bean update. Now the mobile is working like a charm. But still some people find that they don’t need some unnecessary apps that are given by Samsung. You cannot delete this apps since you don’t have root access to the system file.
For that you need to root your mobile. Rooting your mobile will give access to the system file. So you can delete unnecessary files. You can take a backup of system apps using titanium backup. It also gives root access to the apps which need it. It allows you to modify your OS at the deepest level.
Of course rooting is illegal process and voids the warranty. But it can be restored and rooting is worth for all the things you will get after rooting.
So go ahead and follow few simple steps to root your Samsung Galaxy S Advance running on Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the article written ahead are considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. It is requested that you should not follow it if you are newbie in this android world. Read article completely and carefully follow all the steps. We are not responsible for any damage happened to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This article is intended only for Samsung Galaxy S Advance with model number I9070. Don’t try it on I9070P. Also it works only for Jelly Bean firmware and not for Gingerbread.
- Before moving ahead, check that mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that the process won’t get interrupted.
- Go to settings, select developer options and turn it on. Then enable/ check USB debugging option in it.
- Most importantly you must have an exernal memory card with at least 25MB free space.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Downlaod Root.zip file for Galaxy S Advance.
- Click here to download.
- After downloading this file connect your mobile to PC and copy this file to the external memory card. (Don’t copy it to the USB storage.)
- Now disconnect mobile. Switch it off and boot into recovery mode. For that press volume up + home + power button simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
- Since touch doesn’t work in this recovery, you have to use volume buttons for navigation and power button for selection.
- Select install update from external storage.
- Select root.zip file. Confirm it in next step.
- This will take few minutes. Finally you will see recovery menu again.
- Select reboot system now. After rebooting your phone you will see SuperSU app installed on your mobile.
Fantastic!! It means Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance is rooted now. Your mobile has got access to system files. So you can delete any unwanted app from the mobile. You can ask your queries regarding article through comments. We will come up with solution as early as possible.