LG Optimus 4X HD has launched recently & developers have managed to create a working root tool that you can use to have access to all system files which were inaccessible initially. Its not normal for the flagship device to take so much time before one can able to root it. But now it seems that LG Optimus 4X HD is exception to it.
This article will guide you to have root access on your phone so that you can use apps which requires rooted phone. But before doing all these things, keep in mind, rooting will void the warranty of the phone therefore ensure that you are comfortable to go ahead with the same. (Warranty can be regained by unrooting or flashing the official ICS firmware).
Disclaimer : The steps mentioned in this article are somewhat risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are completely unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is intended only for LG Optimus 4X HD. DON’T try it on any other device or it may cause damage to your phone.
Pre-Requisites before Rooting your Phone :
- Enable Unknown Sources option form the Setings which is required to install non-Play Store apps.
- Home > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- Home > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
- Charge your device upto minimum 70% battery level.
Procedure to Root LG Optimus 4X HD :
- Download LG Optimus drivers & install it on your PC
- Drivers for LG Optimus 4X HD
- Download Rooting Toolkit for your phone from the link given below.
- Rooting Toolkit for Optimus 4X HD
- Download ‘IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk’ &transfer it to your phone’s SD Card.
- Download Link
- Download ES File Explorer from Play shop (You can also use your existing file manager).
- Now browse for ‘IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk’ file which you have copied earlier. Tap to install it.
- After you finish the installation, open SystemBackupTest app from app menu.
- Hold Power button & select ‘Power off and restart’ option.
- As soon as device gets restarted & you see the lock screen, you may notice that the phone is running slowly which is normal.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Extract the zip file of Rooting toolkit which you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Open the ‘o4xr‘ folder (Extracted folder).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the ‘o4xr’ folder (OR You can do the same as: open o4xr folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder. you’ll see ‘Open Command window here‘ option. Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the desired directory).
- In command prompt, type ‘root’ (without quotes) & hit enter.
- Wait while the script runs. In between this procedure, your phone will reboot 3 times & after all gets done, command prompt windows will be closed automatically. If it doesn’t then you can close it manually.
- Now uninstall SystemBackupTest app from the phone (Do not re-open it or you will have to run the script again).
- Open Google Play Store on the phone & search for SuperSU app. Select Update option.
- Launch the SuperSU app on your phone & if prompted, select Yes to install SU binary files.
You’ve rooted your LG Optimus 4x HD successfully. You can now access apps like Titanium Backup, SetCPU etc. which requires rooted device. Simply press Allow button whenever you are asked for root access. Enjoy !