Samsung’s Note devices are very popular amongst phablets. After Grand success of Galaxy Note Samsung released a Tablet from Note series that is Note 10.1. Device features 10.1″ screen, quad core performance, 2 GB RAM, and S-pen stylus. No doubt that with such a stunning features it grabbed attention of all.
Device is very much popular between developer’s community. Clockworkmod recovery for this device was ported even before the device was available in stores. Active development for this device is still going on for this device. ROMs based on latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean are also available whereas Samsung has given official update only up to Android 4.1.2 (for limited countries).
You can update your device to Android 4.2 via custom ROMs, but to flash custom ROMs you must have a custom Recovery. Clockworkmod is a very famous custom Recovery. You can do things like flashing custom ROMs and other hacks, take full backup of a ROM, restore a backup etc using CWM recovery. Following article explains how to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Galaxy Note 10.1 and How to Root it.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article is risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
This guide is applicable only for SamsungGalaxy Note 10.1 having model numberN8000 and N8013. Trying it on other variants of Note 10.1 or on any other device, can cause damage to your Tablet.
- Battery of your device must be at least 70% charged in order to haveuninterrupted installation process.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your Tab, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000:
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & Clockworkmod Recovery Package from the links mentioned below:
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Clockworkmod Recovery from the link given below:
- For Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
- For Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
- Now switch off your Tablet. In order to flash the CWM Recovery, you need to enter into the downloadingmode. Downloadingmode can be entered by HoldingPower Key +Volume Down Button simultaneously. After that you will get Warning message, here continue by pressing Volume up key to continue to downloading mode.
- After entering into the downloadingmode, youll see “Downloading..” text in yellow. Keeping your device in downloadingmode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then youll see that the ID:COM section has been turned yellow. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your device ORsimply installSamsung Kiesfrom the CD which youve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & choose the Recovery file ‘recovery.tar.md5′, which you have downloaded earlier.
Important!! In Odin do not make any other changes except for selecting the required file as given in above step. Keep all other options as they are. Make sure you have not checked Re-partition box by mistake.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
Important!! If Odin gets stuck at any step after you hit the start button and seems to be not responding or if you get FAIL message in Odin after completion of process this is what you have to do. Disconnect your device from computer and close the Odin. Remove the battery of your Tab and re-insert it. Then again go to downloading mode and repeat the procedure.
- Disconnect your Tab from PC.
- Now your Tablet will restart. You have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
- First you have to download rooting package. Here is link for rooting package.
- Switch off your Tablet. Boot it into recovery mode. To do so, press & hold Volume up + Power Button simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
- In recovery use Volume up/Volume down buttons to scroll and Power Button to select.
- Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate toCWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file and then confirm it next step.
- Once installation is complete, you will see recovery menu again.
- After successful flashing rooting package, choose +++++go back+++++ option and then reboot system now. That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 10.1. You can find Superuser application in your menu.
Great Job!! You have successfully rooted and installed Clockworkmod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 10.1. Enjoy flashing various custom ROMs and do let us know how it is working for you through comments.