If you want to gain full control over your Android phone, the thing you need is to root your Phone. Rooting is like addition of super powers to you HTC One V. Rooting opens the gate for the apps which requires root access & it is the essential step before installing custom ROMs to your phone.
We have made this article so simple that you can root your HTC One V in no time. So over the period of this article we will checkout on how to root HTC One V.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Essential Precautions To Be Take Before Rooting HTC One V :
- Your device must be charged upto 70 % Battery level (Recommended).
- Your device must have unlocked bootloader without which you can not root your phone. If you’ve not unlocked bootloader of your phone, follow the procedure mentioned below.
Procedure to unlock bootloader of HTC One V
By assuming that you’ve followed all the steps mentioned above, you are ready to proceed with the further article of Rooting.
Procedure To Root HTC One V :
- Firstly, You must have HTC Sync software installed in your PC in order to have essential drivers installed. If you’ve not installed it yet, Download it from here : HTC Sync Software.
- Download these two files which are mentioned below :
- Extract r1-primo-superboot.zip file in your computer to get r1-primo-superboot as a extracted folder.
- Copy/transfer the second downloaded file (boot.superboot.img) in the extracted folder (r1-primo-superboot). If windows ask to replace, replace it with the existing one.
- Now switch off your phone & enter into the bootloader mode.Bootloader mode can be achieved by pressing & holding Volume down + Power Button simultaneously.
- After entering into the bootloader mode, highlight fastboot mode by using Volume keys &select it by pressing Power Key.Now by keeping device in fastboot mode, Connect it to the PC.
- Now open that extracted folder (r1-primo-superboot) from your computer. Navigate & double click on “install-superboot-windows.bat” file to start rooting process of HTC One V.
- Once the process of rooting gets completed, your device will be rebooted automatically.
As soon as device get started, you’ll observe that app called “Superuser” has been installed on your phone. So there you go. You’ve successfully rooted your HTC One V. Do let us know in comments below if you face any difficulty during the procedure mentioned above.We will try our best to sort out the same.