All new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 comes with on board Android 4.1 Jelly Bean but when it comes to installing custom ROMs and flashing firmwares, custom recoveries come in picture. As compared with stock firmwares custom ROMs have their own advantages. ClockworkMod recovery is a custom recovery which allows you to install various custom ROMs.
ClockworkMod recovery also has features like Wipe Data/Factory Reset and backup your current ROM by taking a Nanroid backup. Here is a simple tutorial which you can follow to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. And this is a bonus package, flashing this file will also root your device. Isn’t it great.
Disclaimer: The procedure discussed further in this article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your phone. You should not go for it if you are unaware of things discussed in it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
This guide is applicable only for SamsungGalaxy Note 2 having model number N7100. Trying it on other variants of Note 2 or on any other device, can cause damage to your phone.
- Battery of your phone must be at least 70% charged in order to haveuninterrupted installation proceess.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all important data like SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc. since it can be restored back if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your phone, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installingSamsung Kies.To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 :
- Download flashing program (Odin Multi Downloader v3.07) & ClockworkMod Recovery Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Note 2
- Extract the content given in odin3_v3.07.zip in a specific folder.
- Now turn off your phone. In order to flash the recovery, you need to enter into the downloading mode. Downloading mode can be entered by Holding Power Key + Volume Down Button + Home Button simultaneously.
- After entering into the downloading mode, you’ll see Downloading.. text in yellow. Keeping your phone in downloading mode, connect it to the PC.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader which youve just downloaded. If your device is properly connected then you’ll see that the ID:COM section has been turned blue. (If it is not then you need to install proper drivers of your phone OR simply install Samsung Kies from the CD which you’ve got at the time of purchase).
- In Odin, select PDA & choose recovery.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining things as they are.
- Important!! Make sure that Re-Partition check box is not selected.
- Now simply press Start button to initiate flashing process. It will hardly take few minutes to get over.
- As soon as Odin finished the process, ID:COM section will turn Green & will show Pass in the box above ID:COM section.
- Disconnect your device from PC.
- You have successfully installed CWM on your Note 2. You can go to recovery mode by Holding Volume Up + Home Key + Power Button simultaneously whenever you want to.
- In the Recovery mode, you have to use Volume Up/Down keys to highlight those options & Home button to select them (unless it’s a Touch recovery).
- If at any stage Odin gets stuck or you get FAILED message disconnect your phone from PC. Close Odin software. Remove the battery from phone and re-insert it. Again go into downloading mode and follow same procedure.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Download Rooting package (by Chainfire) from the link given below:
- Rooting package for Galaxy Note 2 (CF-Auto Root)
- Now, follow the same procedure as above and get your phone rooted in minutes..
That’s it!! You have successfully rooted & installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2. Now you can flash various Custom ROMs on your phone.Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have got any doubt, feel free to ask it in the commentsbelow. We will try our best to solve it.