The concept of Tablet PC is getting famous these days. Samsung has got a wide variety of Tablets in terms of screen sizes and prize ranges. These tablets are from Galaxy series hence Android based. So you get all the advantages of this open source operating system like installing custom ROMs and other hacks.
But you cant just go on installing custom ROMs like that. A specific tool in necessary so that you can install custom ROMs on your device. And that tool is called as custom recovery. Generally Samsung devices have a pre-installed stock recovery but which is not useful for flashing ROMs so you have to go for custom recovery.
Initially it all started with Clockworkmod recoveries which opened the doors of custom ROMs for Android users. After that TeamWin released another custom recovery called TWRP Recovery which was touch operated and had attractive interface. And it is attracting attention of lot of people. TWRP has also provided a very good support for almost all latest devices.
The main function for which a custom recovery is used is flashing ROMs but thats not all mind well. A custom recovery can also backup and restore the whole ROM, wipe data/factory reset, fix permissions etc. Few steps and you will get all these features in your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
This article explains how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
Please note that, this procedure of flashing custom Recovery is intended forSamsungGalaxy Tab 2 10.1bearing model number P5100 and 5110.DONTtry it on other variants of the same or on any other device, it can cause damage to your Tab.
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your Tab data will get lost after installation of this recovery (excluding External storage).
- In order to use USB debugging mode on your Tab, device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually,click here.
Procedure to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 & TWRP Recovery package according to model number of your tablet from official developement page. The links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Official Developement Page
- You will find file having extension.tar.md5 which is Odin flashable file. Download the suitable file for your device.
- Now, switch off the device completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press and hold these keys together:Volume Up + Powertill the yellow triangle shows on the screen. Then pressVolume Downto enter download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the device using USB cable.
- If your Tab is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located
at top left) is turned Blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be Blue, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies fromhereOR you can manually download device drivers fromhere).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose.tar.md5file which you have downloaded earlier. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition boxis notchecked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background above COM port & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer. You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery.
- Now you can boot into TWRP Recovery whenever you want. Just follow some simple steps given below
- Switch off the Tab (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & holdVolume Down + Power buttontogether. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
Excellent work!! You have installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Now enjoy flashing custom ROMS and hacks. If you have got any doubts. ask them in comments below.