In software field the scope for development is infinite. And same is very true for Android OS. Over the years this open source system has evolved from version 1.0 Astro Boy to latest version of Jelly Bean that is 4.2.2. With each update they have come up with new features and bug fixes. And next major upgrade that is Key Lime Pie is about to come now. But still very few devices run on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 because many companies havent provided this update to their devices yet.
But due to open source nature of Android OS, developers have found many ways to port the updates. On source code officially released by Google developers develop Custom ROMs based on that for devices of other companies. So by flashing those ROMs you can keep your device up to date.
But before you go for custom ROMs a custom recovery is mandatory. Custom recovery has facilities like flashing zip files, taking nanroid backups, wipe data/cache etc.
Now a very famous custom recovery called TWRP recovery is there for Oppo Find 5. This guide will explain how to flash it on your device.
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Attention! Steps involved in this article are meant only for Oppo Find 5. Trying this on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% battery level so that process will be uninterrupted
- USB debugging mode must be enabled. You can enable USB debugging mode like this Menu > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging check box.
- Also don’t forget to take a backup of all important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as they may get wiped during installation if anything goes wrong.
- You must have mobile drivers installed on your computer.
ProcedureTo InstallCustom TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 5:
- First download image file of recovery from link given below.
- TWRP Recovery for Oppo Find 5
- You will also require fastboot files. Here is the link is to download fastboot files for your device.
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now to flash the recovery you have to go to fastboot mode of your phone.
- To do so, hold Volume Up+Power Button simultaneously until fastboot mode appears.
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see Open Command window here option. Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt: fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt. This is to ensure that your device is properly connected.)
- Transfer/Copy the downloaded image file of recovery to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom CWM recovery.
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-find5.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, you’ll get finished/OKAY message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type fastboot reboot command in the same command prompt window.
- You’ve now successfully flashed/installed custom TWRP recovery on your Oppo Find 5. To enter into TWRP recovery, do the following steps :
- First switch off your phone completely.
- Press & hold Volume up + Power Button simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
Nice Job!! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Oppo Find 5. Now you can flash latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Do report us how it is working for you. If you have got any doubts feel free to ask them through comments. We are glad to help you.