Clockworkmod Recovery competitor Team Win have released their TWRP recovery (Custom Recovery) for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity. TWRP recovery is becoming more popular these days because it has inbuilt file manager, on screen keyboard, theme support & many other things that can not be found in other custom recoveries. Main feature of TWRP is that, it allows faster backups so that your current ROM will be backup faster & you will have to wait for a very short time to finish the same. It is best suited for the tablets as it uses user friendly interface. There are no complicated methods to install this recovery, anyone can install it by just doing some simple steps.
Follow this guide to install this awesome recovery on your ASUS tab.
Disclaimer: The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer of this ROM should be held responsible for it.
Warning: Youll void the warranty of your ASUS tab by unlocking bootloader / Rooting / Installing Custom Recovery on the same. Before proceeding ensure that you are comfortable to go with it.
Please note that the tutorial mentioned here is applicable only for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity having model number TF700T. Dont apply it on any other device or tab.
Procedure to Install TWRP recovery (Custom Recovery) on ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity:
- Before proceeding further, ensure that your ASUS tab has unlocked bootloader. If you’ve not done it already follow this guide given at XDA.
- Also make sure that your tab is rooted. If its not, follow the guide given over here.
- Download the app called GooManager from Google Play Shop (or you can manually download that .apk file from here in case if you dont find it over Play store).
- Once downloaded, install it normally.
- After installing GooManager, open it & when prompted for root access, click Allow to continue.
- As soon as you get in the app, press Menu button & select Install OpenRecoveryScript, click on Yes.
- Confirm downloading of TWRP recovery by pressing Yes button on next prompt.
- TWRP recovery will be downloaded & then installed on your tab after a reboot.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your ASUS tab. In order to try out the recovery, open GooManager & select Reboot Recovery to boot in the recovery.
In case if you need a help regarding anything, comment it below, we will try to sort out the same as soon as possible.