The only thing which is essential for flashing Custom ROMs is a Custom Recovery & few days ago unofficial Clockworkmod Recovery (custom recovery) was released for Verizon Galaxy S3. But today you’ll be delighted as Official CWM recovery 6 is out with some advanced features. With Clockworkmod Recovery 6, you can backup / restore the ROMs 5x times faster than previous versions. A lot of features have been added which you can checkout after installing the same.
Follow this guide to install the latest CWM on your Verizon Galaxy S3.
Disclaimer : The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are completely unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
Please note that, this guide is intended only for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing model number SCH-i535. DON’T try this on other variants of Galaxy S3 (including international Galaxy S3 i9300) or on any other device, it may cause damage to your phone.
Pre-Requisites before installing Custom Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3 :
- Charge your device upto 60% battery level so that installation procedure won’t be interrupted
- (Important) In order to install Clockworkmod Recovery 6, it is mandatory to have unlocked bootloader. Don’t proceed if you haven’t done it yet or Odin will failed to flash the same.
Procedure to Install Official Clockworkmod Recovery 6 on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 :
- Download Touch Clockworkmod recovery from the link mentioned below.
- Touch Clockworkmod Recovery 220.127.116.11
- Download Odin Multi Downloader (Required for flashing the Recovery)
- Odin 3.04
- Extract above zip to get executable Odin file.
- Switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. To do so, hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle (If you come across a warning, press Volume up button).
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned yellow with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn yellow then you will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software. You can download kies from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & chooseVRBLK3_Bootchain_CWM.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Touch / Non touch Clockworkmod Recovery on your Verizon Galaxy S3. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background & device will be restarted automatically.
- Now unplug the device from Computer.
- To try out newly installed Clockworkmod recovery, switch off the phone, Press & hold Volume up + Home + Power button together & you’ll get into recovery mode. (Recovery version is mentioned at the top of the screen).
Congratulations ! Latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery is now installed on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-i535. Enjoy flashing Custom ROMs..